Skip to main content

To surrender whats' in your hand is your spiritual act of worship

Recently I was in a meeting and the Lord showed me that to give him what is in my hands is my spiritual act of worship to him.  To come with him with open hands offering whatever they might be holding whether its dreams and visions, our children, our ministries, our jobs, our finances, our spouses - whatever is in our hand that we hold onto.  We need to be in a place of constant surrender to the Lord daily, for his way, his perfect way, to be allowed to be made manifest in our lives.

Romans 12:1-2  says "Therefore, I urge you brothers in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

The Lord has shown me for some time now that he is taking us into 'new' things.  He showed me that I have learnt to dance to the music, to certain songs if you like and have got really good at dancing to those songs, but now he is wanting me (us I believe as a body) to dance to music but to a tune we have not heard before.  In that though we don't need to worry because we already know how to dance to the music and so when we hear the new sounds, we will be able to dance to it because he has already taught us how to dance.  Its' like we have learnt the steps as say a ballet dancer might learn the basic steps  of how to dance but then progresses using those same basic steps as the foundation steps to different pieces.  And that is what I believe the Lord is asking.

I believe as a body of Christ, He is asking us to surrender what's in our hand, the way we have been used to doing things, the way it has worked before so that he can bring the new things in our lives, whatever that may look like.  Knowing that although its different we can still move through the power of the Holy Spirit into the things he has.  To keep in that place of surrender as we don't know how to do it, but the Holy Spirit will teach us all the things that we need to know.  That if we keep in the rest and trust of the Lord, that it will work out as He intended, but if we try to work it out, put it into a programme or strategy that we are used to, it will not work and we need to be in constant surrender to the Lord and the Holy Spirit leading and guiding us in the 'new sound' the Lord is wanting to bring.

I recently had another picture where I was sitting in the back of a four wheel drive vehicle and we were on a road that was muddy and slippery, a track that many people had not used before.  Jim and I were sitting in the back quite at peace as the drivers maneuvered the road as they were used to it.  But as we drove we saw many other vehicles falling off the sides of the road and the ambulance there collecting the many people who had driven off the road, because they weren't used to that sort of road.  Many people are used to the highways but are not used to the mud tracks.  In this picture the Lord was telling me if we just rest and sit in the passenger seat and let him drive and maneuver the way we will be fine, but if we try to take the steering wheel & be in control, we will come off the road as this is not a road we have travelled before.

We are coming into a season I believe where the road will be a little slippery but if we can surrender what's in our hand to the Lord, trusting in his leading and guiding and knowing the way we are to go,  then we will have no problems.  So I encourage you today to surrender what is in your hand to the Lord trusting in him that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose (Rom 8).  That he knows the plans he has for each one of us, plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give a hope and a future whatever that may look like in the process. (Jer 29:11) And Eph 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...