Skip to main content

Matt 5 - 7 The Beatitudes & The battle belongs to the Lord!!!

I so love reading the Beatitudes.  My most favourite part of the bible I think, one in which when things are coming at me I just love to read and feel immersed by his word that gives me life and direction.  Sometimes even get Jim to read it over me, just brings peace.

Anyway I want to share this as something the Lord has been showing me this week is that we most get hurt by the people we respect and honour the most.  The words that those people bring can hurt right deep in our soul and it can damage quite badly.

God has been taking us on a journey that many people don't understand, have not experienced and perhaps don't want to.  God sometimes calls us to do/say things that we don't understand and can't work out in our heads, but after being obedient to him, see why and see how powerful it was.  But in the process people judge us, judge our motives, judge our heart.  People often misunderstand us.  For me that has been one of the hardest and most hurtful things of my journey -  being misunderstood by the people I love.  But the Lord is teaching me that I am to 'dance to the audience of one', that I need to hide in the shelter of his wing, that he protects me no matter what people think, say or do,  I have to come to that place that I trust in him alone and not in man.  Paul writes "I care very little if I am judged by you or any human court (1 Cor 4:3-4) indeed, I do not even judge my-self.  My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent.  It is the Lord who judges me."  We need to come into a place where it is the Lord who judges our heart and we are innocent or guilty to him and in that, need to change depending on what he says.

But as I say it has been one of the hardest things for me as the arrows of the enemy come at me.
In the Beatitudes Matt 5:11 says, "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
I have to keep trusting in him, keep checking my heart that my conscience is clear, keep looking at Jesus and the words of his that bring life, that bring encouragement and like that above to know that I am blessed in his Kingdom, that great is my reward in heaven.  Matt 10:28  Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.

I believe we are in a time where we are called to stand and be the people of God he has called us to be.  In so doing we are going to be persecuted, misunderstood, judged  but knowing that GREAT IS OUR REWARD IN HEAVEN!!!  Thank you Lord and when we learn and come into a place that those words no longer hold power, we are free in another area of our life!  Words only hold the power that we give them.  Saying that, I don't have it all together all the time, but less and less am I feeling the effects of the wounds at the hand of my brother.:   Feel free to pray for me in this.:)  Thank you Jesus!

Song:
In heavenly armour we'll enter the land
The battle belongs to the Lord
No weapon that's fashioned against us will stand
The battle belongs to the Lord

And we sing glory, honour
Power and strength to the Lord
We sing glory, honour
power and strength to the Lord.

When the power of darkness comes in like a flood
the battle belongs to the Lord
He's raised up a standard, the power of his blood
the battle belongs to the Lord

When your enemy presses in hard, do not fear
the battle belongs to the Lord
Take courage, my friend, your redemption is near
the battle belongs to the Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Moving on from Bulawayo to Mozambique

Dear friends, It has been an interesting time here and the last few days the helper in the house has brought us her relatives and friends to pray for, so plenty of opportunity to impart what the Lord is saying to people and pray for them in their situations.  Walking into town this morning we came across a girl who had been having seizures  what we believe for several hours and needing medical attention lying on the path.  She was not conscious and it was quite scarey at one point, but  as we began praying for her saw life come back into her eyes and see her respond so that was encouraging. We believe it is now time for us to move on from here and so we have booked a bus heading to Harare the captial of Zimbabwe and then onto Mutare which is the boarder town of Mozambique and then onto Chimoio where we will stay with some friends that we met in South Africa who are working in Mozambique.  So we catch a bus on Thursday morning and hopefully will be in Chimoio...