Skip to main content

The Terminator rises again!

The movie terminator is for me the most horrible movie I cannot watch it because of this continual robot that just keeps on coming and will not die!  You think you have got him one minute and the next it gets back up and away we go again.  That is how it feels sometimes with the giants in our lives, we think they have been slain and then they rise to live again another day.

In thinking about this I think why is it that the Terminator will not die.  What is it that makes it come back again and again.  In Christ the victory has been won.  In Rev 12:11 "the accuser has been hurled down"  how?  By the blood of the lamb and the word of the testimony!   Christ has already overcome whatever giant you have, and have had, in your life and that is why the blood is so important.  That is why sharing the testimonies of Christ in our lives has so much power because it testifies of the victory that has been won.

Why is it then that if the victory has already been won, we seem to keep coming under attack?
I believe it's because we actually have not come to fully realise and understand what has actually taken place on the cross.  I believe we have not actually come to understand what it is to be a true 'son' or 'daughter' of the King of Kings, Lord of Lords.  I hesitate to say (in all humility) that it is actually because we do not 'believe' because the word says if you believe you will say to this mountain move and it will move.  I believe it is because we have not really understood the authority that the Lord gave us way back in Genesis and then again at the cross, in which he gave us the earth as our dominion to rule and reign over.

The Lord has been taking Jim and I on a journey over the past four years of learning to enter the 'rest' of God.  What he has shown us in that journey is basically that our faith has been over time, as walking as a Christian, been shaped and moulded by unbelief, actually shaped and moulded by how the world sees things, and added them to our belief in Christ.  Shaped and moulded by what we have seen, and our experiences in life, rather than the word of God.  And that place of learning to come into the 'rest' of God is actually a journey of coming into belief that what His word says, He will do.  It's been and continues to be a place where we are learning the authority we have in Christ and learning to walk in it in such a way that when I speak to that mountain it will move, whatever mountain it is.  It's been learning to rest that its not anything I have done or can do that makes things change, it's simply a faith that rests on what God can do and has already done, because his word says it and he cannot lie.  So when that terminator rises again to try to destroy me, that I don't need to run and hide from it, but simply that I can turn and stand up to it without fear, without anxiety, without panic and speak to it and it will die!  Truth sets you free and so to slay the giant we have to speak the truth to it.  The truth of the word, the truth of what Gods says into that situation, the truth that Christ has already overcome it.

My husband said something really profound to me a little while ago and one in which I am learning to do and yet something he found himself having to address again as well the other day and that was "In order to slay the giants, you have to face them".    All of us have many giants in our lives, all different but in essence, the same giant.  We have a choice each day to let that giant overcome us, or for us to turn and face it like David did with Goliath.  He didn't trust in himself to slay the giant, but he knew his God and what he could do.

This is a continual process in the Lord in coming to understand who we are in him and sometimes we get it wrong.  The key is when you get it wrong, don't come under condemnation but rather just get back up and try again.  We all have unbelief in our lives at some level, but as the disciples said to Jesus, "Lord forgive our unbelief" and so we repent and ask the Lord to forgive us our unbelief and help us to believe!  There is so much more I want to see and need to see in my own life and in the lives around me, in walking in this authority where "every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord",  but I am choosing not to let the disappointments and failures of the past hold me in that place but I am pressing onto that goal.  I want to be a person like Peter that the presence of the Lord was so powerful in him that people were healed in his shadow, or a person that believes that when Jesus spoke and said that "we would do even more than him", that I would come into some understanding of what that means and looks like on a daily basis.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...