Skip to main content

New growth & freedom comes out of repentance & forgiveness.

Last night I had a dream and in this dream I found myself apologising to people that I had hurt, not realising it or having the intention to hurt, but for them they had felt judged by me.   As I went to apologise to different people,  some would receive it but others wouldn't.  I realised too in this dream that some had put me on a petadstal which in fact is wrong honour.  Yes, we are called to honour but in a healthy way and we are called to honour each person, not just those in 'higher' positions if you like and because they were in higher positions people expected them to be more than they were and not make any mistakes at all and so when they make mistakes they are judged severely.  The word does say to judge those in teaching positions or leadership more severely, which is true but also we need to be realistic that people make mistakes and we need to receive their apologies just like anyone else and to forgive them and release them to continue on in their journey.

Anyway in my dream I had made amends with people to the best of my ability even though some didn't receive it and then as I went on a friend gave me some fresh salad straight from the garden for me to eat.

I woke up this morning feeling so much lighter in my spirit and free and I felt that the Lord was wanting me to share this with you as it says in the word that the things he tells in the secret shout from the rooftops.

We are all on a journey and sometimes we get it wrong.  We hurt people, we judge people - intentionally or unintentionally but we have to come into a place of humility to one another and before God and seek out the person if necessary and ask for forgiveness.  Whether that person receives it or not is up to them, but for your part you are released and no longer held accountable to the Lord for your actions as you have sought reconciliation.  "If you cannot forgive people how can your heavenly father forgive you?"
In my dream after seeking that reconciliation I was given new fresh food to eat and as I said I woke up feeling really light and I believe when we do what the Lord asks us to do, he takes us on, he gives us new fresh things, he lightens our load and we feel released and set free.

So I encourage you today, if there are people that you need to ask forgiveness from, or people you just need to forgive in your spirit do so, so that the Lord can take you onto a whole new place and level in him, one of freedom and lightness and joy and release.

Thank you Jesus for your forgiveness, help us to forgive others and to ask forgiveness if necessary from others Lord as you are the father or reconciliation, that is why you came to reconcile us to yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...