Skip to main content

Passion and love for Jesus that changes the world around you.

The other day I had a vision and in this vision I saw curtains being pulled on windows from the outside and I saw this other lady taking over ministering to someone and she was shouting in 'love' to this other person.  As I have pondered on this and what it meant I believe  there is a warning and a reminder of what is important that The Lord wants me/us to take heed of.  Especially as we enter into times of seeing more miraculous things taking place around us, as we see the spirit moving in lives or the giftings being released in increase,  and we get 'busier' in the things of God, please take note of what I believe The Lord is wanting us to be aware of, which is to maintain and keep alive that 'first love' relationship with The Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

The windows that had curtains being pulled on it was the prophetic gifting being shut down and it led me to thinking of the scriptures in 1 Cor 13 about the gifts.  "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbol.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.....v8 "But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away...."

Unadulterated passion for Jesus - what does that look like?  It looks like a passion that effects everyone around you.    I remember as a young women in love with my soon to be husband, I was annoying in some ways to the people around me because I was so 'sickly in love'.
Often I can look around me and in churches there is good learning and teaching going on, good ministry happening in the lives of people around, but the passion and 'first love' for Jesus is rarely seen.  People want to serve Jesus which is great, people want to grow in giftings and see the miraculous happening around them, which too is great and so there is a certainly a love there that wants to serve Jesus, but the 'first love' that is infectious and consuming to those around you, I often struggle to find.   And yes we are all different, but whether your an introvert or an extrovert, you can tell someone who is passionately on fire for something whether it be a rugby match or Jesus.

I know for myself this is a reminder and a warning for me as recently some stuff has been happening in my world, things challenging those very things talked about as to what 'love is' and so I say to The Lord, please renew my 'first love', please keep me in a place of radical love that only comes from you.  That I don't want to be a server of God and a 'doer', but to remain a lover of God above all because out of being a lover all things flow in the right order.  By being a lover of God His love overflows in us which is "patient, kind, does not envy, does not boast, is not proud, is not rude, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs.  Does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth, always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

We cannot do it in our own strength once again but it can be something we desire, something we pursue like any thing, there are things you decide you want to focus on, whether it be a date night with your husband so you maintain a good marriage, or a coffee with a friend or watching a movie, I can decide that I want to invest my time in and for my first love to be kept in a place of passion then I need to spend time with my lover of lovers, the King of Kings and in that my love and desire is renewed, my passion restored.  If we are not spending the time with the source of life, then how can we love and give life to the ones around us.  We can once again become busy spending time learning how to move in the gifts, learning to serve The Lord in all sorts of ways and see the fruit of that, but in that forget to spend time with the lover of our souls,  which in turn will effect the things that you may be currently seeing happening around you.

As we move into a season I believe of great  signs and miracles from Heaven,  please make sure you continue to spend time with the Lover.  Please make sure that in the busyness of what The Lord may be doing around you, please continue to make Him the number one in your life not what happens because of Him.





Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...