Skip to main content

"If it feels good then I will do it...."

Recently I have been challenged into a role I am not used to or specifically want to do and I am finding it difficult and at times want to run, but it is really good for me as I am learning and growing and learning to draw on Jesus in a whole new way.  But there have been times when I have wanted to run away and just be ‘free’ to do what I believe I am called to be.  But then the Lord reminds me that actually Sarah, this is what I am calling you to right now.
I am continually reminded of a quote that Heidi Baker says “Lord I don’t do children”, and He replied “you do now”.
  
But in the process I am seeing around me  some people in the Christian church that this is very much the case that when challenged with something that they don’t want to do, then they move on instead of sticking with what the Lord has called them to or the place He has put them in.  And in this process we have to ask ourselves, is this actually about us, or is it about doing the will of Jesus, the one who calls us and equips us for every good work that he has put in front of us?  Many a time as I look around me, I find a very ‘selfish’ body that really in reality it is all about them and what they can get out of it, rather than about what they can do and serve or give, in order to see the Kingdom of God advance and Jesus name be lifted high rather than their own.

I asked someone recently, “if I asked you to clean the toilets for a month, would you do it?”  The answer was interesting.  It posed the question of serving one another and of giving not expecting anything in return.  And is Jesus in me, the person in whom was asking her to help?  Poses lots of questions really.
Often I find myself seeing people willingly giving when they want to give and grudgingly giving, if at all, when it doesn’t benefit themselves in some way.
Lets be a people who rejoice in all things and serve
God cheerfully
I see it is very much a case in society in general today and I hesitate that it is rubbing off in the Christian church.  This sense of “if it feels good then I will do it” but if it doesn’t, then they wont.  So how does that line up with my precious Jesus who of course didn’t want to go to the cross and cried out to the Lord for it to be taken from Him, but submitted himself to the will of His father and to those persecuting him, as we are called to submit to those around us and more so to those in authority?


I want to encourage you from my own experience that when I have submitted to those in authority over me and humbled myself and cleaned a bathroom for a month, or done what people have asked of me when I have just wanted to run, then I have found I have always learnt precious lessons in what Jesus was showing me through those times.   I have also found that when my attitude was in alignment to the will of God, that of rejoicing in all circumstances, then His supernatural grace has come and given me everything I have needed to help me walk the journey.  But when my attitude has not been that encouraging, it has been a very difficult journey.  And so I have learnt through all situations and I encourage people to give and serve out of a grateful heart of everything Jesus has given us,  a heart full of thanksgiving and allowing His grace to come in your time of need and not to run when it ‘doesn’t feel good’ but rather be a people who others can rely on,  a people who serve one another as if serving the Lord, and when you do, God will lift you up.

Col 3:24  "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Eph 6:7  "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free."

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...