Skip to main content

Grand Design

The Lord has been talking recently to me about houses and different states of houses.  Some are quirky with all sorts of really cool things that are happening in them, some are being built and are yet unfinished, some the windows are boarded up and need the boards on the windows removed.  Some don’t yet have the power on and it is dark with a thief in the  darkness waiting.  There was one  that was perfect on pretty much everything except the fridge (often represents the heart) was too small.
The initial plan

In the process of thinking about different houses and the different stages each house was at, I thought about the British Programme “Grand Design”.  I love watching this programme and seeing the ideas and the plans and where it originally starts with the dreams and the vision of how it will be, but along the process the building often takes longer than expected, costs run higher than projected, workers come and go, the question of whether to continue comes up and eventually pushed through as they cannot give up and walk away on everything that has already been invested. Often the owner will end up himself finishing the work as they cannot afford to hire anybody.  Everything is put into finishing the project amidst a lot of stress, a lot of questions, a lot of highs and lows as the journey continues.  But in the end you see this finished house, just amazing and you sit there and say – yes it was worth it to see what they have now.   Just beautiful and amazing and as you watch someones else dream become a reality you wish you had the money you could afford to buy it.  
In the process

I believe at the moment the Lord is wanting to encourage people to keep going and to continue to believe in and see the grand design that the Lord has for you in your life and the call he has on your life. It is not yet finished and as it says in James  that ‘perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything.’   The Lord doesn’t want us lacking anything, and like the Grand Design buildings, each one is unique and different from another, none the same and it takes time to perfect, for it to be all that it is meant to be.

I believe there are people who:
  • feel discouraged for whatever reason whether it be a lack of money or a lack of workers to help finish the job.
  • There are those whose hearts have been hurt and broken in their vulnerability and so in the process have put up walls for protection but the Lord wants to come and replace those walls of  protection and make you transparent again trusting in Him for His protection not in the walls that you have put up to protect yourself.
  • There are those who are lacking the power at the moment and have no light and it is dark and the Lord wants to come and bring the light into the darkness.
  • There are those who seem like everything is great and just about perfect but the Lord wants to expand the capacity in your heart.

I believe The Lord also is wanting to teach and cement in us to be a people who walk in the Truth of the Word and not base everything on how we feel or on what we see.  That we need to be a people who walk by faith in the word and not by sight.  Many of us can function from a place on how we are feeling emotionally and emotions are not wrong, but when they take us down a path that does not line up with the truth of God and what He is saying about you or to you or into life, then you are functioning from an emotional place rather than a place of victory in Christ.
Sometimes you can come into a place of self pity instead of looking at Jesus and giving thanks for your situation and your circumstances which when you do this, lifts you out of the miry clay and sets you on a solid foundation, which is and can only be found in Jesus.

I too am seeing that there are those who live from one encounter to the next encounter in the Lord and so when we are not experiencing that ‘encounter’ we believe we are not in communion in Christ and that is a lie that pushes us looking for the next encounter and discouraged when you are not feeling His presence as you have before.  He is always with you and He has never left you, just because you may not experience him or feel Him in a way you want to, does not mean He is not there.  And I believe He is wanting to take people deeper in this arena and teach people to live from the word and truth of His word and not just from the experience or the encounter.

Prayer:
So Lord I pray for each and every one in the different situations.  Lord come and minister to the broken hearted, to those who have been discouraged and needing your encouragement right now.  Meet them today with you love and your provision and your grace, which is enough to meet all our needs.  Lord release breakthrough where breakthrough is needed.  Lord give them joy in the journey.  Bring around them people who would encourage and help in whatever way they need help today.  Thank you Lord that you hear our cry.
Psalm 10:17;
The finished house!
“You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted, you encourage them and you listen to their cry.
Lord thank you that you fight the battles for us and so we hand them over to you our every situation and we trust you to come and refresh and renew us in your love.
Zeph 3:17  
"The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will renew you in His love; He will exult over you with loud singing" (NRSV)
Thank you Jesus that you are teaching us not only to live from encounter to encounter but from the truth of your word that sustains us and encourages us on in you.
Thank you Jesus!


Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...