Skip to main content

Aphids and Slugs - Resisted or Received?

Morning.

The last week or so I have had some very powerful pictures through my garden and life in which the Lord used to speak to me that I would like to share.

The first picture:

160623_090.jpgWhile caring for my roses, I notice that one particular rose is not doing well and I see aphids and disease on the plant and so I spray it again hoping that it will kill what is attacking them.  A week later I see it has not been effective and so I am prompted to try another different form of disease killer, an oil rather than the pesticide, and the Lord speaks to me;
"Sarah, what was used in the last season, won't work for this new season".

We are in a different season, and the way we ministered or dealt with things in the past, won't work in this new season we are in.  The reason being we (as a people) have become 'familiar' with the styles and ways of ministering and hence the 'enemy' is already aware of it and becomes 'resistant' to it.
A bit like how our antibiotics aren't working these days because we have become resistant to it.  So we need to be asking the questions of the Lord - How is it now Lord that you would have us minister? How is it now Lord that we are to present the message that will be 'received rather than resisted?'
Asking the Lord the questions of our own lives in areas that we may have become familiar in.
For example; The way we treat our spouses, our children, the way we move in the anointing, the language and tones that we may use, that may not be getting the desired response it should be etc.

The second picture:
Jumping up from my bed I automatically switch on the coffee machine but suddenly the sparks start flying and smoke starts rising from my power point.  I run and switch off the mains as recommended by a friend and I try to work out what has happened to the power plug. We find as we open up the power point there is a slug weaved around the power connections causing it to fry.  What a powerful picture for me.  There are 'slugs' destroying the power of the body of Christ.
Fried slug :) 
For many of us I believe we have become sluggish in our "familiar" and not taken hold of the truth and waged war with our familiar in our lives and hence are not seeing the fruit of which we are believing for.  Things have become 'entrenched' and a part of us that it has become who we are, but in actual fact is not we are called to be as a new creation in Christ and is in actual fact  hindering the power that could be ours in Christ.

Prov 6:9  
"How long will you lie there, you sluggard?
When will you get up from your sleep?
A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest -
and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man."

If we find ourselves going around in circles not seemingly getting the breakthrough or the promise that is ours in Christ, then perhaps there are areas that we have become "familiar" with that need to shift and change in order for the 'flow' to be released, for the blockages to be removed.  It is easy to say "that is just who I am' but in actual fact that behaviour pattern, that default pattern is not who we are in our new nature in Christ.  And we have allowed it to remain instead of going deeper in the Lord and  dealing with them with the truth of the word of God.  It takes courage to take a 'true' look at ourselves and even perhaps the words we speak over ourselves or others.  It's helpful if we have friends that love us that we can allow to speak into our lives as they can be a fresh set of eyes, have different life experiences, can look at things differently to you and can help with our blind spots.  Someone who is not afraid to challenge you to a new way of seeing or thinking and will encourage you to push through whatever challenges that come.  God has the best for us and wants us to be walking in all that He has paid for at the cross.

So I encourage you in this blog, firstly to allow the Lord to take you into 'new places' in Him, not remain in the familiar of what we know which will hinder all that He has for you and for the body of Christ as a whole.  That we would be a people who allow the challenge of those who love us and can see from a different perspective, to take us deeper into a place of being 'more fruitful'.  Pray that Lord would reveal those things that have wrapped around us without even knowing.  And I pray that you would be released into all the new and good things He has for you and for those around you.  Many
blessings!

Prov 3:5
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him 
and he will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones."




Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...