Skip to main content

Young and Naive : I Choose to Believe!

The past several weeks have been rather challenging for me and with the things that I find I am hitting in the spirit, it is difficult to not to 'retailiate' back.  (Not altogether successful I might add).
I have been praying and asking The Lord for a long time now to 'open my eyes so that I would see' and now that prayer is being answered, but perhaps not in the way I had hoped but I know that it is good for me as it will grow me more in The Lord.

Years ago I got called 'young and naive', words I have never forgotten as it made me look at myself and question if I was.  I have just today realised again that I am and want to continue to be. In fact I pray that I will remain young and naive in my spirit, that I remain childlike all the days of my life in faith toward God.  To me this morning young and naive showed me that it was a place that I believed in what the Word says.  I believe we can have a christian society where we love one another, forgive one another, don't judge one another, where we can serve and love others above ourselves.  A world where I believe that we can have a community of believers that provide for each other in times of need.  A community of believers that don't just attract people who they like or are similar but one in which we see a cross section of people from all different walks of life, living and loving together.  I believe God is my Father and as such is my provider, not man.  I believe we can have relationship with my enemies in such a way we can lie down together and if that means that I am young and naive then praise God!

Why my eyes are being opened is that I am realising that there are very few people who not only believe it with their head but also in their heart and in their actions and it makes me cry as I am seeing a body of people fighting for their rights, walking away when offense is given or it gets too difficult and not willing to work it through, giving something to somebody but actually in their hearts expecting something in return and when they don't get back what they give then they hold it against people and withhold in the future.  My eyes are being opened to the state of the bride of Christ and I cry, I cry for a people who will not humble themselves to one another, let alone God.  I cry because I see broken relationships and hardness of heart and I cry because I find myself becoming the very thing that I don't want to become because of how people are not treating me as I would treat them.
As I open my heart to them and share the very depths of everything of me, and yet others withhold their heart to you and then use what you have given them in your vunerability and trust, against you.

And I cry out to The Lord and I say Lord what do I do with this.  I want my heart kept soft, I want to remain childlike and yet He is answering my question in my eyes being opened.  It makes me cry and if it makes me cry and I only see a bit, how does God handle it?

And then he reminds of of His son on the cross crying out "Father forgive them for they do not know what they do".  Oh how I need more love, more unconditional love, how I need more of His love in me in such a way that His mercy, his patience, His long suffering, His forbearance, His grace is sooooo abounding.  I don't want to be hardened in my heart and yet it is so easy to become like that when people use you, when people abuse you or misunderstand you and judge you, and yet in Hebrews 3:12  "See to it brothers and sisters that none of you has a sinful unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.  But encourage one another daily as long as it is called today so that none of you may be hardened by sins deceitfulness.  We have come to share in Christ if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the end."

And once again I am taken back to the cross and His mercy poured out for me, His love poured out for me, His paitence poured out for me, His very life poured out for me which gives me strength to keep going, to keep loving as He loves, to keep  believing in my thinking, to keep hoping for a bride that will love as He loves, that will forgive as He forgives, that will pour out their lives for the unlovely as He did and once again I surrender it all at the cross and give it to Jesus and so turn my eyes back to him and not at the things that take my eye away from being 'young and naive' , childlike in Him.  He is faith, hope and love and without these we have nothing.  I choose to believe by faith, in hope and in love for a bride, beautiful and shining, walking in unity, in restoration, in reconciliation, in surrender and giving to one another.  I choose to believe!

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...