Skip to main content

Has a giant moved back into your place? Does your bathroom need repainting?

The other day I had a couple of dreams that I believe the Lord is speaking in and they actually are speaking about the same thing.

The first one I saw the inside of a bathroom being repainted.  The walls, ceilings, everything was being painted and the colour changed.
The bathroom is a place of cleansing and by it being repainted I believe that God is wanting us to do some internal work in our lives, things that need changing.

The second one was I saw Giants coming from another place and moving into houses and they were like giant trees and they blended into the walls and you couldn't tell they were they as they moulded into the walls but they were there.
There was a sense of familiarity about them and so I believe there are some things that have moved back into places that shouldn't be there but because we are familiar with them we don't even notice them.  And I know for myself this past week things like 'perfectionism' is something that is familiar with me that actually is like a giant in my life and it causes me and others around me stress when this giant moves back in.  I was talking to Jim about this and what are the giants in our lives and really it comes down to anything that sets itself up against the Kingdom of God which is righteousness, peace and joy and all the fruit of the Spirit found in Gal 6.

So I encourage you to take a look at your lives and check out whether some familiar giants have moved back into your home that shouldn't be there.   Once recognising the giants, perhaps a giant of fear over finances, or a giant of inferiority, or a giant of pride, a giant of anger, whatever the giant may be, we then need to seek out the truth and speak the truth and tell that giant to get out.
So for example for me over the giant perfectionism, reminding myself that I don't need to have it all together in a society that says I do.  God gives us enough for us to do each day and if I find myself getting stressed it is because I am doing more than I need too and that stress is transferred to others and is more often than not self imposed and not from God.  God doesn't care if my bathroom is messy for a day or two.  God doesn't care if my bed doesn't get made.  These are things we care about and yes it is good to be organised but the Lord would rather my bed was not made and I was in peace than my bed made and everyone in the household stressed out because of an unmade bed.  If I died tomorrow an unmade bed is not going to be significant at all.  So the reminder of the truth of some of our situations is like throwing a stone at a giant.   So lets fling a few truth stones and kill those giants that take away our peace, our righteousness and our joy and instead be filled to overflowing with the Kingdom of God that effects and changes nations simply because we walk in his peace, his righteousness and his joy!

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Moving on from Bulawayo to Mozambique

Dear friends, It has been an interesting time here and the last few days the helper in the house has brought us her relatives and friends to pray for, so plenty of opportunity to impart what the Lord is saying to people and pray for them in their situations.  Walking into town this morning we came across a girl who had been having seizures  what we believe for several hours and needing medical attention lying on the path.  She was not conscious and it was quite scarey at one point, but  as we began praying for her saw life come back into her eyes and see her respond so that was encouraging. We believe it is now time for us to move on from here and so we have booked a bus heading to Harare the captial of Zimbabwe and then onto Mutare which is the boarder town of Mozambique and then onto Chimoio where we will stay with some friends that we met in South Africa who are working in Mozambique.  So we catch a bus on Thursday morning and hopefully will be in Chimoio...