Skip to main content

What is it you want?.


What is it you want?


I want everything!  I want nothing less!  I want the fullness of God made manifest in and through me where nations are healed and come to the full saving knowledge of God.  I want like Peter who carried the presence of God in such a way where people were healed as he walked past them.  I want to walk like Stephen waiting tables where miracles happened as he waited tables, and then under persecution would shine like Jesus, as stoned to death.  How much do I want it?  How much I am willing to sacrifice to get it?
I have seen some of this but I want to see more.  

Recently we have been coming under persecution and the Lord said to me "Sarah, what did you pray for?" and so like Smith Wigglesworth who held meetings where Pastors would walk out, who was not altogether liked for his 'style of ministry' but was known as the "Apostle of Faith", liked much better after death than life at times.  The Lord reminded me - Sarah what did you pray for?

I keep thinking lately of the scripture in Matt 11:7  "What did you go out into the desert to see?  A reed swayed by the wind?  If not, what did you go out to see?  A man dressed in fine clothes?  No, those who wear fine clothes are in kings palaces.  Then what did you go out to see?  A prophet?  Yes, I tell you and more than a prophet?"
What are we looking for?  Are we looking for signs and wonders or are we looking for Jesus made manifest, where signs and wonders followed those who believe.  It has to be Jesus!  - 1 John 1:5  God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.  If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in darkness we lie and do not live by the truth".



Kathryn Khulman a woman known as one of God's generals and  "The Woman who believed in Miracles"  would cry out "whatever you do do not hurt the The Holy Spirit".  I am coming to understand a depth of this cry that I have never had before.  When you grieve the Holy Spirit he cannot work. You don't give him permission to come and take over.  You limit all he can do and wants to do in you and through you.

Eph 4:17-31 is a wonderful passage of how we are to live as Children of the Light and in not grieving the Holy Spirit - really worth a read, it is powerful.

When we grieve the Holy Spirit we miss out on so much that the Lord wants to give us and do through us.  When we hold onto sin, whatever shape that takes, unforgiveness, judgement, offenses etc it hinders the Holy Spirit coming in fullness because actually we are walking in darkness.  We need to humble ourselves unto the Lord and unto each other and allow God's healing, forgiveness and strength to come into our lives.

Is our want of all of Jesus in our lives and those around us higher than our want for the sin in our lives that we hold onto.  Is our desire for the blessing of God to be on our lives in such a way that we have favour wherever we walk?  If so, then fantastic because God will give you the desire of your heart - but it may not look how you want it to look, but in that there is fullness of joy that surpasses understanding!
If not then that too is okay - just ask the Lord to do it in you, to make his desires your desires, his heart your heart.  You cannot make yourself passionate for God, he first has to put it in you.  You cannot do it, but you can ask the Lord to do it in you and allow him however that looks to work it in and through you.  Just in the process don't forget your prayer as I was reminded the other day - Sarah isn't this what you prayed for?  When it doesn't happen how you expect.

When you walk in the light as he is in the light, the darkness has to flee.  We have darkness in our lives but when confronted with the light we realise our sin and we can either run from it or chose to bring it into the light where there is no shame, no condemnation, just healing and forgiveness and then the fullness of life where it brings life wherever it goes.

I want to be a channel for the river of the Holy Spirit to flow through me in fullness, not half measure and in this have to come to him daily and ask him, Lord show me if there are things that are hindering the fullness of you flowing through me.  I want to have full fellowship with him and with others in openness and truth in such a way that the light shines out of me convicting others of their own sinfulness that leads to repentance without me having to say a word because the Holy Spirit is speaking through me.  I want to see Nations turn toward God and how can that happen unless I first turn to him.
Eph 5:1  "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God"


Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...