Skip to main content

If a flood came would your house withstand?

I had some snapshot dreams the other day and the first one was I was putting up a tent, people where helping me, but then I was left alone to look after it at night.

Then the next day I was walking with others through a town that had had a flood come through it and I noticed that some houses had been completely wiped away, some had their foundations of the house on a lean and people were still in them but were looking at alternate accommodation because their houses were going to be condemned and yet others were not even touched by the flood.

Then I was doing this quiz with other people but I was on my own and hadn't fully understood the question yet I thought I had it sorted and so when the time came to hand it in I was completely on the wrong track and the people let me know.  I felt a bit stupid, but there was this sense it's okay, you'll get it next time.

In reflecting on these snapshot dreams I realise that the tent is our human dwelling, that people help us establish the truth & reality of God in our lives,  but then there comes a time when we are left on our own to look after the dwelling that has been established.

The second dream makes me think of Luke 6:46  "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?  I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice.  He is like a man building a house who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock.  When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.  But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who build a house on the ground without a foundation.  The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."
The second dream I believe is talking about a time of testing of our foundations, things are going to come at us that is going to challenge our foundations of what our 'house'  or tent if you like, is built on.  Is our house built with solid foundations that will withstand even the strongest flood or will our house need to be condemned because the foundations have not withstood.  The Lord has been taking Jim & myself through a process of ripping up the carpet, the layers that are on the original foundations to see what is actually there and I believe it leads into the third dream about being tested.

In the testing we find out sometimes what we thought was right actually is not right and we go through a time of lifting up old carpet or old things have to get done away with that have come on top of those original foundations.  You feel a little silly sometimes and embarrassed but the Lord would say, don't feel condemned about it, convicted yes perhaps, but remain teachable and willing to learn because he has placed people around us to help us, but sometimes we are too individual and think we know the way and therefore find ourselves going down a path that is not right, but when we are in relationship with other people it opens the door for us to learn different things and to find out the truth that keeps us strong and steadfast in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 10:12  "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!  No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.  And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it".
God has taken me through great testings at times in my life (and continues to) that challenge everything I have believed in, everything that I have put my hope in, but I want to encourage you that he has always provided a way out for me to stand up under whatever testing has come my way.  I have totally felt at my end at times but in that place the Lord has come in where I could not find a way through, and he has made a way through as I have trusted and waited in him being unable at times to do anything else.

Some of those things that might test us or I know has been a challenge to me is our heart toward giving to others, or our family relationships that don't bring honour or respect, or our financial situation, a promise of the Lord still not yet coming to fruition, or relationships with people who have hurt me or stolen something from me, physical sickness, depression etc - all and many more are ways of different testing in our lives that can show us where our foundations in the Lord are really at and the truths that we actually believe.   The Lord has help in each and every situation that we are in - whether its through other people who we need to listen to their advice about something, whether it is through supernatural provision, whether its a word from scripture that brings hope and faith into something,  all is from God.  Lets be a people who are willing to learn, remain teachable and know that our foundations in the Lord are firm!  Bless you all.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...