Skip to main content

Oh yeah - the flood came!



After writing the blog yesterday boy did the flood come to my house it seemed and we are still recovering after the water has died down!.  Yes we are still standing, but boy it is a great reminder of the grace that the Father gives and where sin abounds grace abounds all the more!  And such a learning  time for me in loving without judgement for the same measure we give, we will receive.  And I realise with great thankfulness to the Lord that actually I have grown and moved from the place that I have been in the past and into a new place and am finding it much easier to love and forgive and not hold judgement over someone, a whole lot less conditional in my love - oh yeah - thank you Jesus!

Now I have loads of things going around my head and I am reminded again that without grace and forgiveness I could not stand.  And in that reminder am able to give it to others where they sin and fall short of the glory of the Lord and stumble in their own walk.  And I realise afresh that I cannot do it in my own strength hold onto the word of God or what he calls us to without his enabling to do it.

But in this there are a few things I would like to share that helps me overcome in areas of weakness that I normally wouldn't be able to stand in.
Firstly, I need my husband and we need each other in the body of Christ.
The word says in Mark 3:23  How can Satan drive out Satan?  If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.  If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand...."
Now I know we can get all theological about this and I possibly may be using this out of context but for me last night it was very much the word that kept coming to me and I took hold of this and where two or three agree in my name it shall be done.  If you are not alone and you have someone standing with you especially in prayer, it is much harder for the enemy to get a stronghold in your household.  One can send a thousand to flight but two can send ten thousand.  Thank you Jesus!

Something else that came was about our different weaknesses.  One is strong in one area, another is strong in a different area, same goes for our weakness's.  We don't all have the same weaknesses.  And I know sin is crouching at the door but I have to choose not to open that door or to look at that thing that is wanting me to look at.  James 1:14 "says each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.  Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death."
Each of us have areas in our lives where we can be enticed away in and for each person it is different.  And I am so getting the scripture where it talks about "if something causes your eye to sin it is better to pluck it out then go down a path that leads to death".  Sometimes I totally get how if my eye was plucked out then I would not be enticed to look at some things which leave an imprint on my mind or  something that wants to take my attention away from God and onto it.  And I know I would be better off because of it.  Its like an alcoholic going to a bar and being enticed by people drinking whereas if they didn't see the drink, it wouldn't be such a problem.  We all have areas, whether its alcohol, pornography, smoking, eating, anger, swearing, slothfulness, dvd's etc etc.
We need each other and the word says to confess your sins to one another and you will be made clean.  When we don't confess our sins to each other we open a door to the enemy getting a stronghold in our life, whereas if things are out in the open it leaves no room for judgement and sin to come in because those things are exposed to the light, no longer able to give the enemy the hold it has in deception and lying and we can come into freedom, health, healing and overcoming.

Where sin has got a hold we need to come to the Father who forgives us all our sin and cleanses us from all wrongdoing.  We need to humble ourselves to those around us and ask for help.  This morning as Jim and I prayed and the Holy Spirit was asked to come into those areas, that thing that was trying to get a hold in me could no longer get the hold it wanted, the enemy was defeated.  And my eyes were turned back on Jesus and away from the desire wanting my attention and in looking at Jesus those desires started to fall away again in his enabling, in his grace coming in, in his cleansing of sin, and it felt like the river that washed away all the rubbish off me.

Each day we are growing more and more.  Those things that were once issues in my life are no longer issues, yet at the time it felt like I could never be free from them.  But the Lord is gracious and compassionate, full of mercy and love and his love leads us into repentance and over time we realise those things that were strongholds have fallen off and we have stepped into a whole new place.  And now I have different things that the Lord shows me that needs his grace in which I am so thankful for as I realise how much those things continue to be able to keep me in a grace towards others recognising my own weaknesses.    In the word it talks about when you get into the promised land, don't forget where you have come from.   And I realise that in my dreams that I shared yesterday, this was the third part of the dream, when you think you have it all together, be careful lest you fall.
It is so funny how God teaches us things, warns us of things and helps us to overcome when we come to him.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...