Skip to main content

Pardon me, my Lord but.....

It's been a challenging few days as I have sat and questioned the Lord on many things. Like Gideon in chapter 6:13 where he writes:     
"Pardon me, my lord," But if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us?  Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, 'Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?  But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian."
The Lord turned to him and said, "Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand.  Am I not sending you?'Pardon me, my lord,"  Gideon replied, "but how can I save Israel?  My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." The Lord answered, "I will be with you and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive."

But in the asking and seeking come the answers.  If Gideon can ask the questions so can you and I.  If our God is a covenant God who is faithful to his promises and he cannot lie and all his promises are yes and amen and its not dependant on our goodness or striving to make it happen, then sometimes we need to ask him some questions and He is not slow in answering!
Earlier last week the Lord took me to Jeremiah 33:3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know'.  When God answers sometimes he reveals things in our heart we didn't know was there which is a good thing because it brings us into truth, it makes us face some things perhaps we haven't wanted to face and bring us to health and healing. 

As I have asked and God has answered, he has put before me the reality of the 'vision' of the Apostolic Resource Centre, the 'land and buildings' and for the first time it has come into view the property that ticks all the boxes that we have had listed on our vision page since 2010 and I find even in the seeing the promise in reality that my faith to 'go again' even though it is right in front of me, has no energy to make it happen. We had just given away all the chairs we have had stored and carpet that we had been given over the years toward the vision and then the Lord brings it back into view.  Sometimes we need to let things go so that God can do it the way he has planned.

So I share this with you,
a)   to ask for prayer for ourselves as I find myself with little strength and little faith to 'go again'.
b)   to ask for prayer for this venue we have found that if it is the Lords will over this property then he would hold it for us, bringing confirmation that everything would come into line. That the finances would come through according to the strategy the Lord would give.
c)  to encourage You who is reading this that perhaps you need also to 'go again' and not give up as the Lord has said through many prophetic voices that 2020 is a year of great excitement in the body of Christ, promises being fulfilled and unprecedented miracles taking place, so whatever is your need today then there is a miracle waiting for you.  You only need to ask.

Matt 9:28-29
"Do you believe that I am able to do this?"
"Yes Lord" they replied.
Then he touched their eyes and said 
"According to your faith let it be done to you."
and their sight was restored.


Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...