Skip to main content

The Dinah Sheets need changing.

Have you ever gone into a Hotel Room and smelling the smell of fresh clean sheets and a bed beautifully made?  Or even hoping into your own bed after you have changed the sheets and have beautiful fresh pillowcases?  Well this morning in a vision I saw a Hotel Room and the word that came from the Lord was - "The Dinah Sheets need changing" and knowing there was blood on the sheets and calling for a Hotel porter to come and bring new sheets. 

Dinah was Jacobs daughter and her story is told in Genesis 34.  She was a virgin, pure, but then Shechem son of Hamor the Hivite, took her and violated her.  I encourage you to read the whole story and to see what takes place in retribution for her defilement.

But the point that I believe the Lord is wanting to show me and to bring, is that once we were pure in Christ, but things have happened to us that defile us, make us ‘unclean’, where we are no longer ‘pure’ and the Lord would say to you this morning, “change the sheets”, do something about it, take action, to become a pure bride again.  Like Dinah with Jacob, she was still his daughter, as we are still sons and daughters of God, but there are things we can do to remove and to change the ‘violation’ or the ‘defilement’ that has occurred in our lives.

When we become defiled we no longer see things from a pure heart, from a place of innocence and childlikeness, for example perhaps we have been disappointed where we haven’t yet seen something we are believing for and so we go  into the next situation that requires hope to be there and we no longer have the hope or expectation of a child that we once had because we were disappointed before.
Once we have become defiled we no longer see what the Lord showed Peter in his vision in Acts 10:15 "Do not call anything impure that God has made pure".
In Titus 1:15 “To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.”

Many years ago people prophesied over me and said “protect your childlike faith”.  That is a place of protecting the simplicity and purity of childlike faith in the Lord and that has been extremely hard to do when people misunderstand you, judge you and your motives of your heart of which the Lord is not judging, when people say all kinds of things about you to others that is not true etc.  And so on a daily basis I need to come to the Lord and sit with him for all that ‘defilement’, that ‘violation’ of my purity and innocence that is being stolen, before the Lord is removed.  On a daily basis, I need to change the sheets where I have been soiled by life.  Many people wash their towels on a daily basis, or their underware and it is a bit the same in the Lord, daily we need to cleanse ourselves of the muck and the grime that wants to settle.  Because I find that if I do not, I find myself like Dinahs brothers who with their mouths gave consent and agreed to intermarry to heal and restore the situation within the tribes, but in their hearts they carried deceit and they were still seeking retribution so when the opportunity came, they killed every male of Shechems tribe.

It is so easy if we are not changing our sheets, cleansing ourselves, then we carry deceit in our hearts, we say one thing with our lips but our hearts are far from it.  And then when the opportunity arises we take retribution instead of giving grace and forgiveness which we have received from the Lord.
2 Tim 2:21  “If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.” (NLT Version) 

When we carry deceit in our hearts we are no longer seeing things clearly, seeing people around us from pure eyes, the eyes of the Lord, we end up judging everything without even realizing it and yet the Lord is saying this morning – change the sheets, cleanse yourselves of the later and you will be made pure, you will be made useful for every good work that He has for you.  Take some time with the Lord and ask Him to come and show you where you may be defiled, and ask him to give you new sheets, a new heart, a pure undefiled heart and like me calling the porter in the Hotel Room who came instantly, the Lord too will come and give you everything you need in order to do this.

The Lord would say -   “I love you my child, you are still my sons and daughters, you are still my children despite the defilement but there are things that have happened that its time to let go of and move on.  Time to cleanse yourself of those hurts, of those woundings and become as I made you to be, become once again pure in me and then you will see clearly to remove the speck in others.  Then you will see others as I see them, then you will see the hope and the future that I have for you.  It’s time to let go of the past and move into the future with me as a ‘pure bride’ in your heart.  Forgive those who have hurt you, as I forgive you.  Trust me that I have good things for you to walk into.  I am going to take you places you have never been before but if you are still carrying the baggage its going to be a slow journey and I have many things to show you for you to see with awestruck eyes.  I love you my child, trust me, let go of the past, change the sheets and come to me once again pure, of which I have made you in Jesus.  I love you, remove the soiled sheets and come to me and I will show you a new way.”

With love from your Heavenly Father.



Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...