Skip to main content

Oh I just want.... acceptance and approval

I had a vision the other day and in this vision I was visiting an old lady and others too came and visited her as she was sick and we were trying to help her, but as we were visiting her, the state gave her a new house and she suddenly got up from her 'sickness', changed clothes and literally became a new lively person and as it turned out she wasn't sick at all, but she wanted acceptance and in the state giving her a house, it made her feel like she was wanted and a part of something.

I believe this is a powerful word The Lord would bring about our true acceptance and love being found in Him and not in people or not in what we do or how people see us.
I believe many people are suffering some form of sickness, perhaps depression or some other things, but in reality if you felt accepted, loved or wanted, that sickness would suddenly leave you.  In reality you are just longing to be loved, which is fine as we are all wanting to be loved.

This really spoke to me of a past position I had once felt and not having a 'place' or a 'home' and I knew that if someone had said "Sarah, we want you, we want the giftings and talents you have" then I would have jumped aboard their ship, so to speak, but that didn't happen.   Instead The Lord had to teach me of who I am in Him fully and to value myself, without needing the acceptance or approval of man because Christ loves me and made me fearfully and wonderfully.
At one point in my journey with The Lord in this, The Lord showed me that to offer myself freely to anyone that would take me, was actually a form of prostitution and that I didn't realise the value of what I had and that if others didn't realise the value within me, then they were not worthy of what I had to give them, but I first had to repent for not valuing myself enough that I would 'throw' myself to just anyone.

And so I believe The Lord wants to heal people of sickness but a lot of that sickness will leave as you begin to learn and understand who you are in Christ, fully loved, fully wanted, fully amazing with gifts and talents that the people He has for you, will want and need, and that you will not need to 'prostitute' yourself in order to receive it or release it.    But at the same time we need to take responsibility for our actions or perhaps our sickness from which we may be suffering from, in why we feel not accepted, why we are sick, as there may be a cause that we can do something about.  Which may mean facing some truths and beginning to trust the word of God when he says that you are beautifully and wonderfully made. That you do have people around you who love you and see the gifts and talents that are there, but perhaps it is you who don't value what you have and therefore repent to The Lord for not loving how he made you, with gifts and talents that he wants you to use to the glory of His name.

In this vision a bunch of people,  had come to visit this one who was sick, but it was like they didn't matter when the house was given.  There are people around you offering you love and acceptance and wanting what you have, but you are wanting perhaps acceptance somewhere else or in some other way than what is being offered, as I was, but The Lord would say to you that He has put people in front of you who value you and the gifts and talents you have and to honour those who He has put in front of you.

God so loves each one of us and has so much for each one of us and often it is right in front of us, but we keep looking elsewhere and are not satisfied with what we have already been given.  Thank you Jesus for the people you have put in front of us to help us and who love us and have the best for us.  Help us to appreciate them and to honour them and to love ourselves and honour ourselves and to see ourselves as you see us and to love how you created us to be, which is different and unique from others, but equally loved and valued by you,  but that others need what I have to give them as much as I need what they have to give me.  Thank you Lord for what you are teaching us all through this.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...