Skip to main content

Death, deception, familiarity and acceptance.

We live our lives and think nothing is wrong.  We cover our eyes and don't see what is happening all around us.  We don't pick up our hands to help because we are so busy in our own worlds, in our own desires, that we don't notice what is happening right around us.

Last night I had several dreams;

  • One of a girl hanging herself in the toilet while her parents were busying studying.
  • One of a young man selling real estate but deceiving the people in order to make the sale.
  • One of visiting some people who were dating and living together and there were some panthers roaming around their house and they were all good with it and they didn't damage the plants. (for me this spoke of familiar spirit and in fact there are so many living together that is a state of familiar spirit and acceptance that it is alright, but it is not)
  • One of being captured by the enemy and put in front of a firing line but ending naked and making love all together as a last request, but the state of acceptance in their hearts of what was going to happen after they made love, instead of believing for a miracle to save them.

All dreams about death, deception, familiarity, and acceptance.

These dreams put things in perspective for me and reminded me or what is important.
We can be so busy in our worlds living our lives, taking our time up with things that seem important but in reality are not.  
People are important.  There are people dying all around us of real issues that need our help which may mean we need to step in where others perhaps don't see what is going on to those closest to them, as is often the case.
Of deception and familiarity - thinking the lives they are living are all good, yet there is the devil roaming around and they are quite used to it, yet it will lead them down a path that leads to death.
Of a state of acceptance and apathy - this is my lot so I will just accept it instead of believing that we can have a life of abundance in The Lord which he died for, so that we could live and not just survive day to day and yet we don't do anything for that life we could have that was given for us not appreciating the gift that was given in Jesus.  Of being in a place of acceptance in their sin, instead of seeing hope and faith released that would bring life and a fight for life and truth.

This reminded me of the poem I wrote a while back where I heard the words audibly
"Help me Pretty lady, Help me".

So what does that mean for me?  What does that mean for you?  Are there some shifts in our thinking that needs to happen in order to help people, in order for us to take our eyes off us and onto others?  In our hearts to not accept the status quo and see what we see all around us and step up and speak truth that would bring hope and a future to people, instead of the acceptance of death?

Open our eyes Lord, open our ears Lord, open our hearts Lord, that we may see, that we may hear, that we may do something about what you show us and not be afraid to stand up in the midst of death and destruction, of deception and apathy, that we may stand up and help those around us when you show us something that is not right and is not of you, that would lead people down a path that leads to death.  Give us the ability to stand in the gap for those that need it and perhaps speak truth into peoples lives that will set them free from deception.  Where there is a familiar spirit roaming around our houses that just accepts what is not right in you Lord, help us to be set free from it, so that we may see and hear the truth and do something about it.
Oh Lord that we would not just accept that people are dying all around us, and perhaps even ouselves, in many ways, whether physically or spiritually, and that we would not sit back and do nothing about it.  Help us Lord to be your hands and feet in the place that you have put us and bring hope to the hurting, bring truth to the lies we and others have believed, bring faith and a future to people who need it.
Thank you Lord, we love you and help us love the people around us the way you loved us and gave your life for us so that we could live, help us give our lives for others so that they too would live and not die.



Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

My grace is sufficient.

Yesterday I had three pictures; One, people came bringing bad news. The second, others had been offended and shut me out. And the third, I was on a airport runway and another plane tried to take me off the runway before I could lift off and go where I was going, but I was able to get away from it. As I prayed about these pictures the Lord had given me I believed he said to me; “Be careful who you listen to and go with.  Things are going to try and bring discouragement and shut you out and they will try to take you off track but keep focused.  Build my church”. So discouragement and obstacles are trying to get in the way of the purposes of God being fulfilled in my life and those around me and hence why I share what the Lord showed me because I believe for many in this season of change right now, hold onto what you believe God has said over you and don’t allow the enemy to abort the promises in your life. Something over the last several weeks that keeps c...