Skip to main content

Don't be afraid of the giants


How quickly we forget the promises and the victories in the Lord, the testimonies that we have testified too in the past when we come up against a new ‘giant’ that we have not encountered before.  In Deuteronony chapter one this morning I am reminded of the promises of God, of his provision, that he goes before us and will show us the way to go through.   Chapter one is of the spies being sent out to spy out the land and how only two came back saying we can take this land, and all the others became fearful.  

How easily we become fearful especially when we look at our own strength and our own capabilities but the Lord would say this morning, "Trust in me, I am leading the way and you will be victorious, yes, you can’t do it, but I can."

I believe we can take this land of New Zealand for the Lord because this is where I have set my feet (for now)  Deut 1: 36  “I will give him and his descendants the land he set his feet on, because he followed the Lord wholeheartedly.”
When you follow the Lord and believe him, we will have the victory in whatever area we need to see victory in.  We will take that land, whatever land that might be for you, whether its seeing change in our children, whether it’s seeing a breakthrough in a broken relationship, whether it’s a breakthrough in habits for instance smoking, whether it's taking a nation for Christ.

But I believe the encouragement this morning is that whatever giant we may be facing in our lives, we will see the victory if we continue to trust in him and follow the Lord wholeheartedly.  You might be struggling in an area in your life that you just get the breakthrough in, but don’t give up because you will see it.  Keep your eyes on Jesus and let him open the way through your situation.

I have seen how God has gone before us in other things, and he leads the way and clears the path like the parting of the Red Sea with Moses where there was no way forward but the Lord made the way.
But when obstacles come up and things don’t happen easily do we keep going?  I know for me it was a great encouragement reading chapter one this morning.
Verse 29  "Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them.  The Lord your God who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt (or in our cases, in Africa, in China, in my whole life).. …. There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place”.  The Lord himself is carrying us!  He will continue to carry us until we reach the destination.  Thank you Jesus!

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...