Skip to main content

The next step - Teaching people to move in the freedom of the Spirit


This morning I woke up with a dream where I was teaching people how to walk in the freedom of the Spirit and so  I believe the Lord is asking me to teach people how to do this and in so doing, we share our story of where it all begun for us and how did we get to where we are now.    This is a question that is sometimes posed to me and in beginning to share our journey I do so because I believe what is going to come is a move of the spirit in such a way that it will transform nations, as we become a people of the Spirit and not of the flesh.  Where as we step out in the things of the Spirit, God is going to move powerfully even though it is not of the usual form or the way we have seen it before, but we know it is of God and the fruit testifies to the presence of God.  The fruit of the spirit of Gal 6, the characteristics & image of God coming out in peoples lives, of healings happening in the midst without anyone laying on of hands because the presence of God is so tangible, and people are set free from bondages and delivered simply because where the Light of God is, the darkness has to flee – it cannot stay. (1 John 1:5  “God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.”)
Where people become a people no longer sitting on the fence in their relationship with God but either being hot or cold.

We share our journey out of complete humility with God and what he has taught us that could help others to come into what we believe is coming, not because we have anything more than anyone else, but simply because the Lord is asking me to teach people what I have learnt.  The word that the Lord has been speaking to me about recently is it “Position Yourself” and I believe we are in a time where we need to position ourselves for what is going to come.  Yesterday I was at a meeting and a prayer was given for who needed wealth, but as people were being prayed for I felt also this weight of responsibility that came with receiving much wealth.  We all want wealth for whatever reason, that is between you and God, but with great wealth there is great responsibility and if we desire, ask & believe to have it, then we need to be prepared for it to come.  The Lord showed me several years ago that great wealth was going to come into our hands and hence actually why we started up Glory Release Ministries as a charitable trust because we knew that the wealth that was going to come was going to be used for Kingdom purposes and so we have ‘positioned ourselves’ in order for that to come.  We have yet to see it but are believing for it and so stepped out in faith and action for what we believe for.   The Lord says that to whom much is given much is expected.  We as a body of Christians have been given so much and now we need to position ourselves in a way that we are using everything the Lord has given ourselves for His purposes however that may look. 

And so as I begin on the journey of offering what the Lord has taught us to others in learning to move  in the freedom of the Spirit, keep an eye out for  the new blogs and feel free to encourage others to read them.  Please pray for me as I step out in faith in this arena.  Please pray that the Lord would show me the scriptures he would want me to use.  Please pray Matt 15:14  “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled by the roots.” in peoples lives and in my own.   Please pray that I would not be a blind person leading another into a pit but that the Lord would given revelation that would make it clear and understandable to those who read what he shows me.
Please pray that peoples hearts and minds would open up to the wind of the spirit touching their lives and changing mindsets and making them available for what the Lord is wanting to bring in our nation and the nations of the world.

Thank you so much – with love – Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

My grace is sufficient.

Yesterday I had three pictures; One, people came bringing bad news. The second, others had been offended and shut me out. And the third, I was on a airport runway and another plane tried to take me off the runway before I could lift off and go where I was going, but I was able to get away from it. As I prayed about these pictures the Lord had given me I believed he said to me; “Be careful who you listen to and go with.  Things are going to try and bring discouragement and shut you out and they will try to take you off track but keep focused.  Build my church”. So discouragement and obstacles are trying to get in the way of the purposes of God being fulfilled in my life and those around me and hence why I share what the Lord showed me because I believe for many in this season of change right now, hold onto what you believe God has said over you and don’t allow the enemy to abort the promises in your life. Something over the last several weeks that keeps c...