Skip to main content

Moving in the Freedom of the Spirit - It begins with me


In the book Samuel the people asked for a King to lead them and so God gave them a King, what are you asking for from the Lord? "Ask and you shall receive".......I am asking for revival to flood this nation, to changes peoples lives, that the Sound of the Lord would be heard in this land that would echo to the Nations in Jesus name... “    If I am asking for revival then I need to be one of the ones that step out to see it come in this nation – as do you. :)  Just the same as if you are wanting to make more money, then you look for ways in order for that to happen.  When we were in Africa I was praying to the Lord and saying “Lord I want to see more” and he said to me “Sarah step out more and then you will see more. Go to that man with the crutches and the huge club foot, how will you see if you don’t step out”

A part of the 'position yourself' theme that is coming through at the moment is you need to make yourself available to what the Lord would open up to you - if you find yourself so busy that there is no room for people or what the Lord might ask of you then you may need to reassess your lifestyle and change so as to prepare ourselves & be available in that arena.  Our call for everyone of us as a Christian is that of Matt 28: 18-20 The Great Commission v19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age”

This doesn’t mean you have to go to the nations, you just have to be available and step out in faith in what God puts in front of you.   Jim and I yesterday went to a cafe on a coffee date and whilst having coffee the Lord gave a word of knowledge on a man in the café.  I had a choice, to follow it through and make myself vulnerable and see what God would do or continue drinking coffee with my husband.  So after talking with Jim I  made myself available and went up to him, ended up talking with him for 20 minutes and praying for him, not on the word of knowledge as that didn't hit a nail on the spot for him that he could think of, but on everything else, his hurts of the past, where he is at now, his perceptions on church, his dream of the future, everything.  He opened his heart as I opened my heart by stepping up to him.  You reap what you sow.   I ended up sharing testimony,  sharing scripture, sharing part of my life & journey with him which opened his heart to the things of Jesus - he was blessed and I was blessed.    It wasn’t difficult but it did take a step of courage to cross that ‘chicken line’ and allow God to do the rest and he did.     It didn't matter that I got the word of knowledge wrong for him and all that did was show me that I needed a bit more sharpening in that area, perhaps it was some one else's in the room and so I ask the Lord to teach me and refine and sharpen me, because it opened up a way for God to come in.

Joan of Arc - a young girl of 16 from the country believed what she was hearing from the Lord so much so she stepped out and ended up leading the armies of France in battle and became the "Maid of Heaven" to the people and is known in history for ever as a Saint. What do you believe that you will step out in and be willing to be put to shame by people but not by God because the word says in Prov 25 that "those who trust in the Lord will never be put to shame!"


Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...