Skip to main content

Are you feeling frustrated, discouraged, discontented - then be encouraged to keep going for at the proper time you WILL reap a harvest.


Many are the voices I am hearing of frustration, of when, of what is going on, of disappointment, of wanting more but getting discouraged but the Lord would say, do not give up in doing good for at the proper time you will reap a harvest - and I believe that harvest is not long off.  The enemy's tactics are to wear out the saints but I want to encourage you - keep going, don't give up, only believe.

In looking at why sometimes frustration etc is there, the Lord showed me that sometimes its because we are looking more at the dreams and visions we have that aren't being fulfilled than looking at the source of our true fulfillment which is only found in Jesus.  Philippians 3:7  “But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.  I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ. “

Christ is our reward not the dreams and visions that we are awaiting on from which our disappointment, frustration etc. can often come.   If we are seeing and focusing more of the promises then we have lost sight of our true reward.   He is the total fulfillment in all of life and without him we have nothing.

So lets keep sight of our true reward but also to keep faith and belief in the promises he has given.

Frustration, disappointment, discouragement etc. actually are good things, they pushes us into the next thing.  You realise you are not satisfied with where things are at and so you desire and pursue questions as to why you are not seeing what you want to see.  The problem comes when we don't listen to the answer we may receive and do what the Lord says to do.  Or we settle where things are at and fall into a satisfied or resolved position which steps us out of faith and keeps us where we are at but no longer as a people of faith and belief in the God of the impossible.    There is always more I believe in the Lord for me and for those around me as I learn to walk from ‘glory to glory’.  I had this question in Africa when I said to the Lord, "I want to see more" and he said “Well Sarah step out more and pray for that one with the club foot on crutches that seems impossible".  So I had to action what I believed the Lord said.    Whatever the Lord reveals is the reason for our frustration or sense of discouragement or discontentment, we need to do something with what he shows us in order for things to change because the problem lies with us and not with God.  God can and will do what he says he will do, he cannot lie, but there may be things hindering us in receiving everything we want.

I had a dream a couple of months ago and it was of a power boat that was tied up on shore and this boy said he could drive the power boat but when he jumped in and started it, it took off and spun out of control tipping up the people in the boat and causing damage.  We often think we are ready and can handle the power of God, but like any good father, he is not going to give you the keys of the car if you don't know how to drive :)  We first need to learn to drive the car before we can be entrusted with the car on our own.  Our daughter is learning to drive the car at the moment and is currently on a learners license and then she will progress to the restricted and then to the full.  In the weekend Jim taught her how to change a tyre, check the oil etc. and they were the rules for her before she was allowed to go for her restricted license so that if she were driving on her own she could handle some of things that are associated with the car on her own.  We are so often wanting to get in and drive the car, drive the power boat, thinking we can handle it but there are things we need to learn first before being entrusted with that power so that others will not get hurt in the process.  

We need to be life long learners and so I would encourage you if you are in a place of frustration, discontentment, discouraged, or whatever, firstly give thanks in all circumstances which encourages you to see that Jesus is working and takes your focus back to him rather than the dreams and visions which you aren't yet seeing fulfilled but will happen as you delight yourself in him (Psalm 37).  Secondly ask the questions for your frustration etc and then listen to the answer from the Lord and then action what he says and allow patience to have its perfect work in you so that you will be lacking nothing and fully equipped for every good work (James 1:2-4)  that the Lord would have you step into.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...