Skip to main content

As we go.....Take time and enjoy the view

As we go I want to encourage you with a couple of things that the Lord showed me last night.

I had two dreams, one of going campervaning and asking friends to join us.  The husband was keen but the wife was busy.  I went campervaning with my parents who belonged to the camper van association and because of this, they had certain privileges (Our Father in heaven has privileges!).  After getting the camper van set up,  we went to the main dining hall for dinner, one of the privileges of being in the association, was free dinner.  And I sat down at the table and they served us steak.  It was wonderful and then I saw myself sitting by the lake resting looking at the view while someone walked past me going somewhere.


What I took from this is we have a choice.  We are given the opportunity or invited of going with our Dad.  But many of us find ourselves too busy to actually enjoy God and his creation and take up his offer.   And as I went with my parents I sat down and enjoyed a feast and then enjoyed the view of the lake, just resting.  (Jims' addition to this - Sometimes we can be sitting by the lake but thinking of all the things we need to do at home :)


The second dream was where Jim and I were sitting at the top of the mountain enjoying the view when a cyclist came flying past us so fast on his bike, but what was ahead of him was a very quick drop down the other side and a narrow ledge.   But because the cyclist was going so fast he didn't see what was ahead of  him and he wouldn't be able to stay on the road as he would need to slow down to maneuver it and we watched with intripidation as we saw he was going to come off.  But even as he came off the road and went down the side of the bank, somehow he managed to stay up on his bike.

For this to me we once again were enjoying the view (some people may think we just enjoy the view :), still on the same road and journey as the cyclist, but he was going too fast to actually enjoy the beauty of the view or see the road ahead of him and it made it difficult for himself by coming off the road.  I want to encourage you to take time and enjoy the view and to be honest you will be much better off for it as you will see what is ahead of you and not come off the road.

The Lord reminded me of Psalm 23 in this and so I re read the whole thing - it was powerful to me on a whole new level after these dreams and I want to share it with you again and ask that you 'take time' along with me, to enjoy where you are at and are going without rushing ahead wanting to get somewhere that it causes problems and enjoy the feast the Lord wants to put in front of you!

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall
follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.



Popular posts from this blog

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Moving on from Bulawayo to Mozambique

Dear friends, It has been an interesting time here and the last few days the helper in the house has brought us her relatives and friends to pray for, so plenty of opportunity to impart what the Lord is saying to people and pray for them in their situations.  Walking into town this morning we came across a girl who had been having seizures  what we believe for several hours and needing medical attention lying on the path.  She was not conscious and it was quite scarey at one point, but  as we began praying for her saw life come back into her eyes and see her respond so that was encouraging. We believe it is now time for us to move on from here and so we have booked a bus heading to Harare the captial of Zimbabwe and then onto Mutare which is the boarder town of Mozambique and then onto Chimoio where we will stay with some friends that we met in South Africa who are working in Mozambique.  So we catch a bus on Thursday morning and hopefully will be in Chimoio...

Now in Zimbabwe - some fun detail of the journey :)

We have arrived safely in Zimbabwe are catching a bus at 5:30am and finally arriving at 7:30pm in Bulawayo Zim.  We were blessed to see Giraffe crossing the road, along with Zebras on the way back. We had over 12 hours of squished up, falling off the seat, holding onto luggage, travel and now we know the type of one of the buses we were on, one was called - a chicken bus - why because they cater to livestock.  So we did it typical african style.   At the boarder the bus took off and then realised that we weren't on it yet so came back for us as we were still waiting to get our visa through the country.  They really looked after us after that being the only white people on the bus.   It was all in all an interesting trip, one of praying as it was so fast and all I could remember was the last bus accident and so having to come into peace and rest midst it all was a challenge for me. We finally arrived to met by a wonderful local missionary Mellanie Jones who was...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...