Skip to main content

The power of the words we speak - what do we actually believe?

This morning I am reminded so powerfully by the Lord of the power of my words and the authority that they carry.  God is so gracious to us but he brought such a breakthrough for me in this this morning and the dreams and visions he has placed on our lives.  This past weekend we have been in Whangarei and something that Eric Johnson spoke about was the blind-spot in our lives.  Like when driving in our car there is a blind-spot that we can't see and others can see it.  We, all of us, have blind spots in our lives and we need to be asking the Lord what those blind spots are so we can walk in the fullness of everything he has for us.  Well I was asking the Lord what my blind-spot was and he was gracious to me and showed me the power of the words that I speak.  I have known in my head the power of the words, but this past week twice it has been confirmed by others and that when we speak we either curse or bless but the reality of that is dropping from my head into my heart.
In Matt 12:36 it says "But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgement for every careless word they have spoken.  For by your words you will acquitted and by your words you will be condemned."  Powerful words.

In what he was showing me I found I needed to repent in not stepping out in things he has spoken over our lives, that we have looked at our circumstances and not seen the provision and hence not stepped out in them, but if he has spoken it, then he will provide for it.  And so needed to be giving thanks for the provision even though we hadn't yet seen it come into reality.  And even in our children we can so often see them where they are right now rather than seeing them where God sees them with the hope and the future that he has for them and speaking that into being and giving thanks for it, even though we have yet to see it in reality.  The Lord says to give thanks in all circumstances and this morning he has showed me yet another level of what that looks like.

There are so many things in life that we see the current situation in rather than what God sees and we speak from that perspective.  I was saying to Jim this morning about what our default is set it, is it set to one of faith and God's perspective or is it negativity, or discouragement, or lack.  I said something to him and straight away he put some obstacle in the way, really interesting because God doesn't put obstacles in the way, he makes the path straight!  He is one of yes and amen but it just showed us once again about the power of our words and actually what we believe.

The Lord took me to Job 36 v7 He does not take his eyes off the righteous, he enthrones them with Kings and exalts them forever.  But if men are bound in chains, held fast by cords of affliction, he tells them what they have done, that they have sinned arrogantly.  He makes them listen to correction and commands them to repent of their evil.  If they obey and serve him they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment.  But if they do not listen, they will perish by the sword and die without knowledge.
Verse 26  How great is God - beyond our understanding.!  Over the weekend the Lord reminded be about the book of Job and more importantly the picture it brings of the Lord and the power of his hand and all that he created and basically nothing is too difficult for him.  I was reminded of his majesty!

This morning I needed to repent of my thinking and speaking lack into things and situations instead of the yes and amens in God and I already have felt a powerful shift and breakthrough in our lives and now have the faith again to step out into the promises and words of God!

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Kiwi Culture verses Kingdom Culture

The above is the title of a book that I have on my heart.  Whether or not it ever makes it there we will see but in the process I want to put some thoughts down and see what it opens up. I grew up with phrases like "God helps those who help themselves" or "Too spiritually minded to be any earthly good".  There are many many more that I am sure you know of - I would love to hear them so please blog me about them or Facebook me so I can add them.  But phrases like that that we grew up with that actually have become a part of world view and things we base our lives on.  Things of our culture that are so much a part of culture that we think is actually a part of the bible or at the very least is no big deal in God's eyes; like sarcasm.  I have had to question some of these phrases - "where does it say in the bible God helps those who help themselves?"  "What actually is sarcasm and does it build up and encourage people?" etc. Jim and I lived ...

Moving on from Bulawayo to Mozambique

Dear friends, It has been an interesting time here and the last few days the helper in the house has brought us her relatives and friends to pray for, so plenty of opportunity to impart what the Lord is saying to people and pray for them in their situations.  Walking into town this morning we came across a girl who had been having seizures  what we believe for several hours and needing medical attention lying on the path.  She was not conscious and it was quite scarey at one point, but  as we began praying for her saw life come back into her eyes and see her respond so that was encouraging. We believe it is now time for us to move on from here and so we have booked a bus heading to Harare the captial of Zimbabwe and then onto Mutare which is the boarder town of Mozambique and then onto Chimoio where we will stay with some friends that we met in South Africa who are working in Mozambique.  So we catch a bus on Thursday morning and hopefully will be in Chimoio...