Skip to main content

Are you having an affair?

While we were away in Whangarei I had a dream which in this dream I saw several young married couples newly married, but I saw one of the husbands of these woman on the phone with a woman and too busily preoccupied with her to have time for his wife.  In this same dream I saw I was married to a man, but because I realised that he didn't love me, I quickly got our marriage annulled because I was still in a position to do so.

In reflecting on this dream and the words that popped into my mind during the dream it was actually talking about 'spiritual adultery'.  When we get married we put ourselves in covenant relationship with that person, to love, honour, cherish etc that other person for life.  That that person is the most special person and you are committing to keep that relationship special and important.  For me in this dream I saw the man on the phone with a woman and really felt that this was talking about the internet and actually phones now that I think about and look around me as people can't put down their phones, even when having a conversation with them, but also ministry as the man talking with the woman on the phone was trying to counsel her.  But whatever it is, even if it may be helping someone else, if that is taking our attention away from the covenant relationship we have made with our spouse, it is not good.    When we commit our lives to the Lord we have chosen to be in covenant relationship with him,  but for many of us we find our time taken over with ministry, with internet, with other things that distract us from our relationship with the Lord that eventually we find that relationship with the Lord is no longer as important and hold the place it once did and that is what is called 'spiritual adultery'.

Another thing I have learnt along the way in the area of spiritual adultery is that if I share things with other people where I am at emotionally and spiritually and haven't shared it first with Jim, then I am giving those people things that my husband first should have.  Your spouse is the first person (outside of the Lord) who should know where you are at, how you are feeling, what you are struggling with, but often we find ourselves talking to our friend and sharing our heart there, which too is fine, but remember that the first covenant relationship you have is with your spouse or whoever that is in your life, and so like a tithe, they deserve the 'first fruits' of that relationship.  That is a whole area that needs more discussion but now is not the time.

So for me in this dream there was the whole reminder of keeping in priority those covenant relationships and spending time making them happen.  Like when in my dream above sometimes we find ourselves in relationships that are not good for us and so I quickly annulled the relationship I was in, we have a choice and we need sometimes to break relationships or put boundaries in a little more with things or people that take us away from the Lord, from what is the best that the Lord would have for us.  For me when I get up in the morning for my quiet time with the Lord often I will just flick on the email to see what has popped into my box and that is okay, but then I have to self discipline myself away from the computer as I can easily get dragged into there and lose my time with the Lord and miss out on the more that he wants to give me and show me.  I am thankful for this reminder and even this week it had helped me hugely to keep in focus where I am spending my time and with whom or what. :)

Bless you all!

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...