Skip to main content

Can you leave the washing for someone else to do?

Something the Lord has been speaking to me about recently is leaving people to do what they have been called to do and to step into what I have been called to do.

The other day I had a dream of some friends whose house I was staying at and she left me to do the washing while she went off to do something else, but as she left she felt she needed to come back to me and take over me doing the washing.  It was a control issue in her life as she just couldn't leave me to do it as I was more than capable to do it.  But in the process of her doing this, it meant she missed out on the opportunity that was in front of her.

God was speaking to me to leave people to do what I have given them to do and to move into what He has called me to do.  But for many of us it is very difficult to leave others to do things that have been in your arena to do; they may not do it the same or as well as you could do, but they still can are capable to do it.

Today I was reading about King Uzziah in 2 Chronicles 26 and the Lord showed me some lessons from his life in a similar respect to what he was showing me in the dream.
Verse 4:  "He did what was right in the eye of the Lord, just as his father Amaziah had done.  He sought God during the days of Zechariah, who instructed him in the fear of God.
Verse 5:  "As long as he sought the Lord, God gave him success.
When the King sought the Lord and lived out of the fear of the Lord he became successful. V15 "His fame spread far and wide, for he was greatly helped until he became powerful.
v16 "But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall".
When he became powerful and successful, pride entered his life and he became unfaithful to the Lord.
Many of us when we think we are doing well, we stop seeking the Lord and we start to do things in our own strength.

It was at this point that Uzziah stepped into doing things he was not called to do.  He entered the temple of the Lord to burn incense on the altar of incense.
V18 "It is not right for you, Uzziah to burn incense to the Lord.  That is for the priests, the descendants of Aaron, who have been consecrated to burn incense.  Leave the sanctuary, for you have been unfaithful; and you will not be honoured by the Lord God."
v19  "Uzziah, who had a censer in his hand ready to burn incense, became angry.  While he was raging at the priests in their presence before the incense altar in the Lord's temple, leprosy broke out on his forehead."
When Uzziah stepped into doing things that were not his to do, he became sick.

Many of us I believe are living in a state of sickness, of stress, of depression etc. because we are not doing what the Lord has called us to do, instead we are doing more than we have been called to do for whatever reason.    Sometimes out of necessity but there may be some areas in our lives we need to change, some priorities we need to change in order to remain in the peace we are called as children of God to live in.  We need to learn to let go of things that are not ours that the Lord has asked us to do.  Speaking from personal experience. 😀
Things that we perhaps are very capable at doing and have been doing, but we need to let go and let others step into what the Lord is calling us to do.  We feel like we are indispensable, but it is at this point that we step into pride.

As a leader I am continually speaking to my people to be training up others and doing yourself out of a job, but this can be difficult if we like the position we are in, or like feeling useful, or perhaps feel comfortable in the place we are in, and we cannot see that there are others that are capable of doing what we can do.  But I have found over the years when people let go, there are always others who will step up.   Often others cannot step up until you step out.  Or perhaps the season for what you were doing has now come to an end. 

So I encourage you today to ask the Lord, I am doing what I should be doing?  What you have called me to do?  Because the Lord never gives us more than we can handle and if we find ourselves run down, burnt out or reacting to stuff more easily than we normally would, take some time and spend with the Lord asking him to help you and to find a way to release you from all the stuff that you have taken on that he has not called you to take on.

For me personally, I am having to learn to delegate and let go if things are not how I would want them to be or the way I have done them.  But they are still getting done, and in fact sometimes they are done better than I could do them 😲  But in so doing, it is releasing me to do what I am called to do and its in that place that I find my peace as I function out of the gifts and callings on my life.







Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...