Skip to main content

Remember from where you have fallen.

The disciples when Jesus called them, dropped their nets and followed him and yet for us we sit there and try and work it all out, try and plan everything, finish things in order that we can go, etc etc.

Recently the Lord has been talking to us about going to Christchurch and we have stepped out in faith once already and gone and when there and since then, we received so many more words from the Lord about going down there and yet we sit here and try and work it all out, instead of just getting up and going.  We have so many practical things we need to deal with, so many things we are 'responsible' for, and yet what comes to mind is the scripture of Jesus inviting people to the wedding feast and yet each one was busy with his own thing and couldn't come and so the invite went out to others.

Are we so busy with our own planning, processing, thinking long term instead of a simple step of faith and allowing God to make the next ones, etc that when Jesus calls us we have so many excuses as to why we can't go?  And when he calls us, do we then try and work it out in 'our own strength' instead of from a place of simple faith and trust that God will provide in all the areas that we need provision for?

Oh, so deep and yet so simple.

We do it on so many levels that we don't even realise that we are now coming from a place of striving, of trying to work it all out, of trying in our own strength to fulfil and 'do' what the Lord said that we no longer come from a place of simple faith and trust, but rather suddenly find ourselves doing it in mans strength to do what the Lord wants us to do.  And once again we become 'doers' of the word.

Revelation 2 keeps coming to mind this week verse 4:
"Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have lost your first love.  Remember therefore from where you have fallen, repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lamp stand from its place, unless you repent....To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

The place of 'first love' is one of simplicity, of just doing what the Lord said to do, of not questioning every detail because we trust that He will work it all out and has gone before us.  First love is a place of safety, of security, of knowing that its all in control, of uninhibited abandonment.

Romans 14:22  "Everything that does not come from faith is sin"  And once again Jim and myself find ourselves repenting this morning as we realise that we are not stepping out in faith, but rather trying to 'work it all out'.  Our heart is right before the Lord of wanting to do what He wants us to do, but in that place, we so easily step into sin that we need to turn and repent as He shows us again how easily we are not moving from a place of faith and simple trust, but now trying to work it all out.

So in sharing our journey and what the Lord is saying to Jim and I, may it be of some use to some of you out there.  Bless you heaps as you journey day by day in the Lord, as He opens your eyes to things that you quickly move into without even realising it, and that He continues to take you from glory to glory as you trust in Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...