Skip to main content

Go in and possess the land!

The Lord has been talking to me this morning through the book of Deuteronomy and some gems I would like to share:
Chapter one Deut 1:6 “You have dwelt long enough at this mountain, turn and take your journey.....” (This\these is/are not the full scripture/s but they are what jumped out and spoke to me)

It is time to turn and take our journey. Many times we go around the same mountains but the Lord says, now turn and take your journey. It is a time of stepping out and into a new place with the Lord. Things are changing and shifting and we cannot continue to stay in the same places that we have been travelling as it is a new day and we have to leave the old behind and move into the new the Lord has for us, even though it may be a little scary as it is not familiar, or we don’t know the way forward, but we need to come to a place of trust in the Lord and move into what He has for us and not continue going around and around the same things that we have been going around and around in.

V8 “See I have set the land before you, go in and possess the land.”
God has got new lands for us to explore and often we like where we are because we don’t know what it is like ‘out there’. New lands can be anything from praying for someone for a healing, it may be sharing your faith with a non-believer, it may be new nations, whatever it may be, it may be leadership, it may be loving an enemy, it may be reconciliation in a relationship.
Sometimes we are waiting for the ‘big dream and vision that we are believing for’ and we miss what is right in front of us that will take us to that big dream in the future.

When I was 20 I flew to England with a friend, but I came from the South Island and had never been to the North Island, but as I was flying from Christchurch we had a stop over in Auckland and we flew in at night in the dark and lights of the city were amazing and yet I had never seen them before. Here I was going to England and I thought sitting in the plane seeing the lights, I should have checked out New Zealand first before I took the massive step I was taking in going to England.
Many times we haven’t explored land that is right at our doorstep in favour of the more ‘adventurous
dreams’ and yet often there are amazing things right in our home country still to be explored.
Lets not be a people that don’t even explore in the spiritual those ‘new lands’ that are there for us to possess because we keep looking further afield and aiming for that big dream and vision the Lord has put on our hearts, and yet miss out on what is still to be gained and gleaned in the lands directly in front of us.

V25 -32 “It is a good land which the Lord our God is giving us. Nevertheless you would not go up, but rebelled against the command of the Lord your God and you complained in your tents” V28 “Where can we go up? Our brethren have discouraged our hearts, saying, The people are greater and taller than we, the cities are great and fortified up to heaven... V29 “Then I said to you, ‘Do not be terrified, or afraid of them. The Lord your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you...”V32 “Yet for all that, you did not believe the Lord your God”.
For whatever reason, even though the promise of the Lord is one that is good, we still don’t go up
because of fear, because of discouragement from the brethren who are afraid themselves, because of
things that have happened in the past.
Yet if we would only trust in the Lord who is the one who fights our battles for us and goes before us, we would see the deliverance of the Lord and see the new lands that are flowing with milk and honey and all things good because the Lord is good. Many times we come across a hurdle that seems impossible to man to cross and it is, but like David who stood in front of Goliath, I don’t need to be afraid. I may be little, I may not have come across whatever it is in the path before, but when I have stepped out in the past and remember the testimonies of how God provided, or how God made a way through like that of Moses in the Red Sea then it builds my faith and courage to step into the new land that the Lord is giving me to possess.

Right at the moment the Lord is leading me more and more into leadership and yet this is not a land I have been in before, this is not a place I know how to walk and it is easy to become discouraged and to become afraid as you listen to brethren that may perhaps not speak as the Lord would speak, as you listen to voices of the enemy in your mind saying to you, "who are you to think you can do this or that?" As I have never been this way before, but then I am encouraged in the Lord by His word,
by testimonies of people in the past who have struggled with the same or similar issues that build my faith, as I am encouraged by brethren who build faith and see what they see in me, that encourages
me on in the Lord. And yes I am going to get things wrong, but that is where I learn how to walk, like a child learning to walk, you will fall over but get back up again.

And so I would encourage you this morning to go in and posses the land – whatever that land may be, whether it is fear of man, reconciliation and fellowship restored in a relationship, lack of finances, faith to see miracles and healings happen, to see the dead raised, to speak that neighbour about Jesus, to speak to your family about a behaviour that is not good, whatever ‘land’ the Lord is wanting you to step in by faith into and allow Him to come in and fight your battle before you as it has already been won and the provision is there for your situation.

As you step out it enables God to step in and to see His provision in your time of need! For me in the areas of leadership I was really struggling yesterday and then I went to the movies and God encouraged me in the movie through watching another leader leading a few people and how he struggled, but also how he overcome. God will give you what you need in order to step forward, we just need to believe that he will. Be blessed people as you step out in faith in what you believe the Lord is saying. It may be a small thing, it may be a big thing.

I was encouraged the other day by a testimony of someone who was stepping up in faith in the area of giving in finances and they obeyed the Lord even though they couldn’t work out how they would make things happen and then they shared how since then a cheque unexpectedly was going to come in the mail being the blessing and provision of the Lord since obeying. Praise God. So be encouraged to step out by faith and see the deliverance of the Lord in the land He is calling you to possess.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...