Skip to main content

Don't run - "You are the God sees me."

Recently we have been being challenged as to what it is to be 'family' and that when things arise, when confrontation happens, when offences come, in what ever way, we are so used to 'running' from the issues and not dealing with it.  This sort of thinking comes from an 'orphan' mentality, one in which we don't know that confrontation can be a good thing as it looks at truths that actually set us and others, free.  That in running away from the issue we don't allow God to heal, to restore, to reconcile, to honour, all sorts of issues are not actually dealt with when we run from confrontation, when we run from offences or hurt and we miss out on what could be if we trusted God to deal with our situations.

We have also talked about submitting ourselves to others and what that may look like.  Recently I had a picture of an adult going around and around in a school yard because he would not honour the authority of the school headmaster and that authority was that of a child and he was an adult.  He would not submit to the authority because the headmaster was actually a child.  Scripture talks about that unless we become like little children, we will not enter the kingdom of heaven.  And God has been talking about what it is to submit to authority, whatever authority that may look like.  And until we learn to do this, we will go around and around the school yard of learning, until we learn to do that because it is actually a matter of pride and humility and until we learn lessons of what it is to humble ourselves to others, we will continue to go around and around the same issues.

After talking about and seeing these sorts of issues coming up around me,  Nick from Pirongia Christian Fellowship sent this which I thought was wonderful and I would like to share it as it brings hope in our situations we may be facing so I hope this encourages you as it did me.

He writes from Genesis 16...

God Sees.....

Genesis 16 NLT
6.  Sarai treated Hagar so heartily that she finally ran away.
7.  The angel of the Lord found Hagar beside a spring of water in the wilderness, along the road to Shur. 
8.  The angel said to her, "Hagar, Sarah's servant, where have you come from and where are you going?"
"I'm running away from my mistress, Sarai," she replied.
9.  The angel of the Lord said to her, "Return to your mistress, and submit to her authority.
10. Then he added, "I will give you more descendants than you can count."
11.  And the angel also said, "You are no pregnant and will give birth to a son.  You are to name him Ishmael (which means "God hears"), for the Lord has heard your cry of distress.
12.  This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey!  He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him.  Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives."
13.  Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the Lord, who had spoken to her.  She said, "You are the God who sees me."  She also said.  "Have I truly seen the One who sees me?"
14. So that well was named Beer-lahai-roi (which means "well of the Living One who sees me").  It can still be found between Kadesh and Bered.


So often we run because we may feel injustice, or wronged, or hurt.  But in that we need to know that God sees and He is the God of justice, He is our redeemer and He works all things together for good for those who love him and are called according to His purpose.  What I loved in this that was sent through from Nick, was that in going back Hagar was blessed with more descendants than she could count.  We often see only our pain of the moment or our injustice and we take it into our own hands and don't entrust ourselves to the Lord for him to come into our situations, but in honouring the Lord, he gives us promises that will be fulfilled more than we dreamed, thought or imagined.  
Be encouraged today that God sees everything and He will honour those who Honour Him and His word.
Check out 1 Peter Chapters 2 and 3 for more on submitting to authorities




Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...