Skip to main content

A beautiful rose to be....

Yesterday I felt this need to go and buy a rose, it was not something I had planned but just felt let by the Holy Spirit to go and buy a rose bush and so I went and they were all on special because it is really the wrong time to plant them, the only ones left were the diseased, not wanted cheap ones which were $9.99 instead of $24.99.  I didn't know why I had to buy them, but I just did and I ended up buying five and then felt I needed to put aside an area in my garden as a special rose garden.

After sharing with this to Jim this morning the word came as to why I had to buy roses.  Roses are one of the hardest plants in my opinion to look after and care for, they take a lot of work.  You have to prune them, you have to regularly cut them back and cut off diseased branches, they can be prickly and cause pain, they need regularly spraying to keep the bugs off them and then they may only flower once or twice perhaps more in a season for a seemingly short time compared to all the work that goes into making them flower.  BUT when they do they are amazing and they can be so fragrant and beautiful that all the work doesn't matter for the joy that you get out of the beauty that they carry.  And to me it was a word the Lord was giving me, that His people can be prickly, his people carry diseased branches that need pruning, often they are the ones that no one wants because they are the left overs of societies or have issues that people don't know how to handle and yet He is the true gardener that tends them and helps them grow to become something beautiful in its time.  And if we take that time with people we will see the beauty they become.

Many people overlook seeing the beauty that could be there in those diseased roses that they give up and pick roses at a shop that have nothing wrong with them, but Jesus came for the ones that no body wanted, the despised, the rejected, those with flaws, the leftovers and he takes them home and tends to them and he loves them to a place of fruitfulness.

Lets be a people who love and tend to the people around us who may be a bit prickly at times, who may be showing more of their disease than their beauty but see beyond that to who they really are and to what is in them and help them to become all they are to become.

I have now planted these roses in my garden this afternoon helped by my husband and when he planted them, the first thing he said is that they make that area look homely and welcoming whereas before it was an empty area even though they are not at their best yet.  Those people who God puts in our path to love, complete who we are to be, welcoming and homely.


Popular posts from this blog

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...