Skip to main content

Psalm 18:43 You have delivered me from the strivings of the people.

Dear friends - hello,

We are learning more and more how the African church here functions.  Really good to understand.  A word the Lord gave me earlier in the week was from Psalm 18:43 "You have delivered me from the strivings of the people".   We have realised in what we are seeing how far the Lord has brought us in learning about His Grace and His love that it is not in what we can do, or how much we pray that matters to Him, but our heart toward Him and our resting and trusting in Him.  We can pray all we like, we can do all the godly things, serve people, look good on the outside but our hearts can so much be so far from him it is not funny.  We can be the evangelist, the prophet, the pastor, the whatever, but unless we have that relationship with the Lord, we have absolutely nothing.  We can bring people to the Lord, get commitments from people that bring in numbers to Christ, but will that fruit last as their hearts have not even understood the heart of God toward them.  We are seeing so much how much the spiritual fear of the demonic world actually pushes people to Christ rather than the understanding of His love for people.   There is so much that we are thinking about and the Lord is wanting us to teach on and hence why he is pushing us to spend time at the moment in the dreams he is giving to write sermons so believe he must have a use for them in the future.

Another topic that I am processing is "Fear or Faith".  I have been given some words that have brought a fear of going into the future and what might happen, but I am learning to discern more and more about what is of God and what is of man.  God is one who speaks faith into things, not fear - he brings peace not doubt and so I know the Lord is giving us so much to preach on when returning to New Zealand.   So I want to encourage you that if somebody speaks something over your life that doesn't bring faith then put it to the side.  It may happen what was spoken, but with God there is always a hope and a future and something to step into, not away from, he doesn't give a sense of 'foreboding' and I actually think that is something here over this nation.  They have only had trouble for a long time and hence fear what may be ahead, very uncertain times here.  We were blessed the other day when we went out to the village and a lady came and spoke truth and faith into us that it pushed us out of holding back and realised something we had picked up along the way but it was broken when she spoke faith into us and so we speak faith into you -   STEP UP AND STEP IN PEOPLE BY FAITH INTO WHAT THE LORD HAS PUT ON YOUR HEARTS!!!  Not holding back but by taking it by force as it says in Matt 11:12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now, the Kingdom of Heaven has suffered violence and the violent take it by force"

On a practical detail level -

This past week has seen me at a womens bible study.  Very interesting and I hope to join them again this coming week.   Jim & I were invited out to join a medical team that go out to the bush and teach them basic health but also share the gospel which became our turn to minister and see the tangible presence of God released which they commented on as they had not seen it happen out there before, so that was cool, hopefully we will join them again this coming week but we will see.   We were invited last night to a church service which was classed as a 'prophetic deliverance service' which Jim and I received a prophetic word which was great confirming our call to preach to the nations and what the Lord has ahead which confirmed other words people had given us.  And mainly the Lord is putting words into our heart to preach so we are feeling the push to sit down and write some sermons.   We still have our colds which we want to see a breakthrough in but I think it is just the way the Lord is telling us to rest and write.  So on that note, need to go and do this.  Love to all!
Jim & Sarah from Bulawayo Zimbabwe.



Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...