Skip to main content

Life in Zimbabwe - 2 Cor 5:14-15

Hello all.  We are in the most beautiful accommodation in Zimbabwe I think the Lord could find.  We are in a home where some Australian doctors I think own it and they come several times a year to visit places and help in the country and in the meantime people like us are able to use it.  We are blessed with a beautiful garden in which to sit and relax and a cook/cleaner so far more than we thought and so give thanks for everyday!

Since our travel Jim and I have got full on head colds so are going through the tissues.  The first day here I was blessed to be invited to the first international womens conference here in Zimbabwe.  It was very interesting and we are learning alot about the churches here in Africa and the challenges that they are facing.  The speaker posed some very interesting questions on doctrinal issues that I am still questioning and spoke to her at the time on.  But it is one issue here amongst others, is false doctrine, but then who is to say we have it right?  If you fight and quarrel then you are still of the world.  It is all about Christ cruicified and other things just seek to distract us from the truth and purpose of His love and forgiveness.

The next day we spent time with a contact given to us previously which was really wonderful and learnt a bit of what goes on here.   We were blessed as they showed us around town and gave us some insights.

Then yesterday we were picked up and taken to their church which we really enjoyed.  The Lord gave some words of knowledge for healing and opportunity to present them, so was blessed to be able to pray for some people.  We then were invited back to their place for lunch which was just wonderful and we spent time more talking on various issues which was just great.

Something the Lord has showed us and we are praying into are some of the strongholds over peoples lives here and would ask that you would pray with us to see things change in these arenas.  Such as fear, despair, hopelessness - a no way out thinking & succumbing to it, death, worry & anxiety and also disunity.   None of these things are of the Lord but looking at some of the history in this place is understandable why these things are so strong but nothing is impossible for the Lord and pray that His love would break through into each situation where people struggle in these areas.  Alot of these things we believe are buried deep within peoples hearts and things are covered over as things are changing.  Please pray protection over particularly me as I become aware of these things that I don't pick them up or carry them as my own.

There are no definite plans at this stage ahead.  This afternoon we are praying for a neighbour who saw us praying for a lady who came asking for help and so wants us to pray for her. Tomorrow we are going to Dave's house and joining in on some teaching on the prophetic that he is teaching some pastors and then Wednesday meeting with a lady who helps with the settling of children into homes.  Something people are very good at here is helping those in need as there are opportunities everywhere, whether it be a soup kitchen, or orphanages or whatever. 

2 Cor 5:14-15
"For the love of Christ compels us because we judge thus; that if Christ died for us, then all died and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves but for Him who died for them and rose again". 

Something we are learning and asked for impartation in Botswana for, was the African way of preaching and teaching, it is really an art form that is wonderful.  We so enjoy the preaching in these nations. :)

Much love to all - Jim and Sarah

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...