Skip to main content

Meerkats may be cute, but they can be dangerous.

This morning I saw in a dream I was in a car with some people travelling along and they saw a bunch of meerkats that they thought were cute and they invited them into the car.  I was trying to tell them not to let them in, but they continued to let them in.  And then shortly after that I saw another very cute animal that people wanted to pick up and cuddle, but it too was a very dangerous animal that would cause harm.

As I was asking the Lord about it and I got the scripture;
"There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death" Prov 14:12

For myself personally I am looking at next year and praying and asking the Lord for the plans for next year as many of you leaders may be doing the same.  We can continue with what seems right and good, and has gone well in the past, but I believe the Lord is saying, be careful as what you think may seem right and good, actually may cause harm.
I encourage you, especially Pastors and Leaders, don't necessarily continue on in what you have done this past year in moving forward into 2019, even if it was good and produced a great harvest.  God may have other things for you in the coming year.

For those who are not leaders or Pastors, but are thinking about their next steps in the Lord, please take the time to put it to prayer and to know the confirmation and peace in the Lord.  Sometimes the things the Lord asks us to step into are not necessarily what we would naturally do, but as we step in we find God's purpose and plan for it.

Many years ago the Lord called Jim and I to China.  At the time we didn't understand why, as there was no 'position' where we felt we fitted, it didn't seem to fit who we were as practical people with our skills and personality, and yet we could not get away from God's call for us to go there.
We received confirmation though other people and one scripture was sent to us out of the blue, which was "stand firm, don't let anything move you".    That one scripture spoke to us and helped us continue on when opposition came.
So we went still unsure as to why except the call of God on our lives that we could not deny.  But as soon as we got there we saw why - we fitted!  The  Tibetan people were exactly like us, not because of 'spiritual or practical' reasons,  but because of who we were as 'sheep and beef farmers',  just like they were and our humour was the same as theirs.  We were accepted and could relate on so many levels because we had similar backgrounds.  So I want to encourage you that although sometimes things don't seem to make sense, God knows and sees the big picture of both who you are and what He is asking you to step into, that in the end produces and leads you to the desires of your heart, (Psalm 37) that you may not even be aware of that you have.

So please lets be careful what we 'pick up' this coming year that may be seem good, but not necessarily lead to the life that the Lord has for us.




Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...