Skip to main content

Do you have garments the Lord has given you that you are not using?

I am excited about what the Lord was stirring up last night at the Sunday night gathering, encouraging people to step out in the gifts in faith as that is what Ewan Blair (guest speaker) brought in the spirit as he stepped out in faith in what he believes God is calling him into - preaching.   But I saw the Lord was encouraging many gifts and callings last night.  And wanting people to step out and let go of the things that they have been holding onto.  Some of those things were 'needing to be in control', 'fear of man above fear of God’ and ‘doing things in the strength of man', 'false humility and understanding true humility' and stepping into 'freedom' to be who you are called to be.  
If you find yourself not flourishing in who God has called you to be and not functioning in the gifts and talents he has given you, then I would encourage you to take some time with him and ask the questions as to why this might be and when we ask, we know we will receive.  Perhaps you may need to grow in the things God has given you and if that is so, then stepping out in faith in those things may look like learning through books, through people, through whatever means then I would encourage you to do so.  

The other week in the spirit I saw a warehouse full of clothes that people were wearing only once or twice and then there were unused clothes that I was offering to others as people weren't using them.  Many times the Lord has given us garments to wear and we are only using them once or twice and then leaving them on the shelf and moving onto new clothes.  But these are garments the Lord has given for us to wear, garments that we are easily throwing away.  In which case we are not actually honouring the garments the Lord has given us, we are not taking the time to learn and grow in the clothes, or the gifts, that God has given us.  We are squandering the things we have been given.  

We live in a user society, were we use things once or twice and then throw it away in search for the latest and greatest and don't look twice at what we already have.  We have been given so much already and yet we are throwing away without a second look, as to what we have been given.  The Lord has given us many gifts and garments to wear and we are not thankful for what he has given us wanting to move onto the latest and greatest but actually there is so much more in what He has already given us.  Like a computer, you can use it like a basic person or you can get really skilled in using it and find out there is so much more it you can do, if you knew how to use it properly.  Or like in your kitchen cupboards you think there is no food in there but actually if you used what was in there instead of restocking you could find there are many different things you could cook with what you already have, but we get so familiar with what we cook and use that we don't expand our capabilities.  A couple of weeks ago I said to someone that they were ‘lazy’ in their gift of prophecy and the example I used was like playing tennis, if we want to get good at something then we need to practise it, not just play one game and then not play for a long time.  So it is with the gifts and garments the Lord has given us, if we are only using them occasionally then we become lazy and complacent with what we have and those gifts are not for our edification but actually for others.  People are missing out on what they need because we are not using what the Lord has already given us.

In Matthew 25:14-30 is the story of the Parable of the Talents that I encourage you to read if you don’t know it as it speaks to the vision I had.
“To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability…..The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more.  So also, the one with two talents gained two more.  But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the round and hid his master’s money……….

So I encourage you today to step out with what the Lord has already given you and to be thankful for them because there are others out there who would love to have what He has given you.  If you are unsure how to use what you have, take the time to learn and to grow and practise in the things He has given you.

And so this morning I felt the Lord say to have 'discussion nights' and so keep an eye out for those discussion nights that will cover various topics that you may want to be a part of.  Discussions on the gifts of the Apostle, Prophet, Pastor, Teacher & Evangelist, discussions on the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues etc. discussions on many different topics.  You don’t need to be a part of the Glory Release Church to come to these, they are open to any one.  Feel free to come along and join on the ones that would interest you.  So keep an eye out when these might be held, they will be posted on the Facebook page or the webpage.


Bless you all today as you learn and grow and step out in what the Lord has already given you.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Kiwi Culture verses Kingdom Culture

The above is the title of a book that I have on my heart.  Whether or not it ever makes it there we will see but in the process I want to put some thoughts down and see what it opens up. I grew up with phrases like "God helps those who help themselves" or "Too spiritually minded to be any earthly good".  There are many many more that I am sure you know of - I would love to hear them so please blog me about them or Facebook me so I can add them.  But phrases like that that we grew up with that actually have become a part of world view and things we base our lives on.  Things of our culture that are so much a part of culture that we think is actually a part of the bible or at the very least is no big deal in God's eyes; like sarcasm.  I have had to question some of these phrases - "where does it say in the bible God helps those who help themselves?"  "What actually is sarcasm and does it build up and encourage people?" etc. Jim and I lived ...

Moving on from Bulawayo to Mozambique

Dear friends, It has been an interesting time here and the last few days the helper in the house has brought us her relatives and friends to pray for, so plenty of opportunity to impart what the Lord is saying to people and pray for them in their situations.  Walking into town this morning we came across a girl who had been having seizures  what we believe for several hours and needing medical attention lying on the path.  She was not conscious and it was quite scarey at one point, but  as we began praying for her saw life come back into her eyes and see her respond so that was encouraging. We believe it is now time for us to move on from here and so we have booked a bus heading to Harare the captial of Zimbabwe and then onto Mutare which is the boarder town of Mozambique and then onto Chimoio where we will stay with some friends that we met in South Africa who are working in Mozambique.  So we catch a bus on Thursday morning and hopefully will be in Chimoio...