Skip to main content

There was a scream - are you in need of help?

Last night I saw in a vision that Jim and I were looking after someone's baby and that baby like any baby, initially it was upset because they were no longer with their mum and dad, things were different, someone else was looking after them.  We were babysitting.  But like any baby, once they have settled down with all the differences and changes of different people and things being done differently and their parents no longer being there, the baby actually was comfortable, happy, safe and secure, and would allow us to care for it.  But during this dream I heard a scream.  And like any mother you are instantly awake and alert because it was a scream and I was up and checking on my daughter.

A mother learns the different sounds of a child's cry, a mother knows when someone is just seeking attention, wanting what they want, or when someone is really hurt and needs instant attention.  Last night I heard a scream, knowing it was a sound of one child who is really in serious need of help.

1 Cor 12:12-27
The body is a unity, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body.  So it is with Christ.  For we were all baptised by one Spirit into one body - whether Jews of Greeks, slave or free - and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.  If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be a part of the body.  And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the the body.  If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be?  If the whole body were an ear. where would the sense of smell be?  But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.  If they were all one part, where would the body be?  As it is, there are many parts, but one body..........
v25 so that there should be no division in the body, that that its parts should have equal concern for each other.  If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honoured, every part rejoices with it.  Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."

Often when we are hurting we tend to pull away, we feel we are not wanted, we are in pain and we don't know how to handle things, or we cry so loud that it gets every ones attention and every one comes running.  Every one reacts differently to pain and how they handle it.  But this morning I want you to know that if you are hurting, you are part of a body that actually is there for you, wanting to help you, wanting to see you no longer in pain but healed and set free, needing your part of the body to be a whole.  We often think we are an individual and no body will notice, no body will care if I am no longer there, but in actual fact that is a lie that is seeking to bring division to the body and separate you from the flock.   The body is no longer as it should be functioning as it should be because you are not there.  If one part suffers, every part suffers with it.  So if you are suffering, I can guarantee you, others will be  suffering with you but you may not realise it because you are in your own pain.

Please if you need help today, recognise you are loved, there are people there for you.  I encourage you to ask for help.  People will already be aware of you and where you are at but often we cannot help people unless they are wanting help.  And in your pain, recognise that we don't always understand what the 'scream' in indicating,  like pain in your teeth, the pain can be so deep that a root canal is needed in order to relieve the pain to let the abscess out.   So please be patient with people as they try to love on you to bring the help you need.  People don't always get it right but their heart and intention is to help.  So I say to you today, if you are hurting and in need of help, there are people around who are able to help you, and if they can't help you they can point you to people who can.  Please God loves you and so does His people, even though sometimes we get it wrong.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...