Skip to main content

A Word of Warning to the Wise

Last night I saw several pictures that I would like to share with you as I believe in this Christmas season it is easy to be led astray down paths that are not beneficial both to ourselves and to others.

Firstly,  I was visiting someone and in their tree was a snake which shocked me as we don't have snakes in New Zealand and then it went onto the ground and I told the owner of the house there was a snake there.  I thought of Eve in the garden tempted by a snake.   1 Cor 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.  And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

Particularly at this time we all get tempted with many things and in those temptation sometimes its wise to simply 'say and walk away'.  Recognise those areas in your life where you may be tempted and stay away or walk away from those things that cause temptation.  For some that may be many hours spent on a computer, for others it may be drinking alcohol that you know that if you have one more drink you are no longer who you should be, for others it may be spending money, for another it may be arguing with in-laws or family members.  There are so many areas that we all get tempted with in one way or another and like the scripture above, temptation is common to all and yet the Lord does provide ways for us to stand up under it should we choose to listen to the Holy Spirits prompting.
Its when we choose to ignore the Holy Spirits prompting who lives inside of us that we step into trouble and often not only cause damage to ourselves but damage to those around us.


Another one of the pictures last night, I was going into this community that had certain rules and one of them was that you were not allowed to go into public places without being fully dressed.  You were not allowed to walk around in your pyjamas.  I was informed of this rule and yet I forgot and went and wore my pyjamas.  That was alright as I forgot, but when challenged by the authorities, I denied knowing the rules.  At that moment I stepped into sin, I stepped into darkness, as I lied not only to the people, but to the Holy Spirit who had been the one who had told me not to wear my pyjamas.  It suddenly went dark and in the darkness people got hurt, the person in authority got hurt as did I.  When the light came back on again we could see the damage that was caused in the darkness. When we lie and ignore the rules set in a certain place, we then walk in darkness and when you walk in darkness you cannot see where you are going and in that place you get hurt and others get hurt as well.

Two scriptures:
1 John 1:5  "God is light in him there is no darkness at all.  If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."
1 Cor 10:23  "Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial.  Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive.  Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others."

For those who say grace covers it all and I am free in Christ to do what I want, I want to challenge it as I believe grace and love go together and love lays it's life down for the sake of those around them.  Love considers others above themselves and is willing to forgo their own pleasures, their own desires as they consider the needs around them.  Yes you can do all things, yes everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.  And as we walk with freedom in Christ, we too walk with love because without love, we have nothing.  So when you enter places where perhaps things are done differently and that may be a church, it may be a bank,  it may be a workplace, it may be a campground where each of these places have certain rules in place to protect people,  please be willing to lay your own way of doing things down for those around you.  When in Rome, do as the Romans do type thinking even though you are free in Christ, you are still bound by love.

Please also know that when you make mistakes like I did in this dream above, there is also forgiveness, healing and restoration and that I don't need to be afraid as there is no condemnation in Christ.  I simply need to apologise for the wrong and damage I have caused to others and to myself and I am forgiven by the Lord and walk in freedom and the light.  That He heals us of all our iniquities, He forgives us all our sin and we are free in Christ in His mercies and grace and love.

Merry Christmas Everyone!  May you be blessed in the knowledge of Jesus birth and because of His birth, death and resurrection, the freedom we now have in Christ, the healing, the forgiveness, the joy, the peace, the righteousness, the knowledge that we are no longer held as a slave to sin, but set free to live life to the full.



Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...