Skip to main content

One step forward, two steps backward?

A few nights ago I had this dream where I saw some friends of mine they had put their house on the market, sold it, but shortly after selling went and bought back the original property that they had sold.   The house had been upgraded slightly in the process but I thought what a waste of money and time because it had cost them so much in the buying and selling of properties through the real estate agent only to go back to the original house.

I believe the Lord is wanting to say something here to His people.  The Lord is shifting us out of the old season and into the new, and in the process of taking us from one thing to another there is a cost at some level involved in letting go of the past.  Which you are happy to pay but after being out in a strange place for a little while, a perhaps unknown place, a place where perhaps you don't yet have all the answers, it is easy to revert to what we have known in the past, what we have been familiar with and fall back into old habits and routines of doing things.

I believe the Lord is saying be careful in this place of change and uncertainly not to fall back on familiar but to allow the Lord to take you into new places.  Matt 9:17 "Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins, if they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and wineskins will be ruined.  No they pour new wine into new wineskins and both are preserved."
It is a new day, a new way of doing things, and although we may not see ahead clearly, and we may be trying to work things out according to the old pattern of doing things or how we think things should be done, be careful to wait upon the Lord and let him reveal the next step and not to worry about tomorrow as he will show us the next step to take when we get there.

We have had an interesting and challenging few weeks recently but the Lord spoke clearly through the book of Nehemiah yesterday about the challenges that were faced by Nehemiah as he started to rebuild the wall, as he started to make headway in rebuilding the house of the Lord.  Confusion and distractions came in chapter 4 v7  through Sanballat and tried to upset and take away from what the Lord was doing through Nehemiah.  Yet in verse 9 "Nevertheless we made our prayer to our God and because of them we set a watch against them day and night."  I believe as we step out of the old places we have been in and go into new places be careful who you listen to,  challenges will come and try to keep you where you were 'safe, comfortable and familiar' but as we trust in the Lord, as we pray and set a watch,  day by day he will lead and guide us in paths we do not know.

It is a real time of faith walking in the dark at times not knowing the way forward but we only have to take one step at a time.  His peace will lead you and if you are not in peace, wait upon the Lord.  Faith is believing in what the Lord has spoken even though you may not yet see it and so to be a people of faith we need to take a hold of the words the Lord has spoken in our lives and look only to him and not to all the obstacles that may be in front of us as in Him, he can remove those in a day.

John 14:27  "My Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."


Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...