Skip to main content

From Revelation to Revelation

The Lord has been taking me on a journey lately that has challenged some of my thinking, challenged some of my belief systems in trying to bring together the word of God, the heart of God, and His unconditional love for his people and it is bringing me into such a freedom that I am so excited where the Lord may take this, I am so thankful to the Lord for this journey even though at times it has been very difficult.

As ministers of the gospel (of which we are all as Christians called to be), part of our job in the Lord is to as it is written in 2 Timothy 15 is to “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”. 
We are called to continually grow in our understanding, revelation and relationship with the Lord.  If we are remaining as we are ,then our relationship in the Lord is not a growing healthy one so anything that might challenge some of your thinking, challenge your walk in the Lord, is a good challenge.


Some of these challenges we may be presented with is our thinking on topics such as the homosexual issue, the government, justice, sex before marriage, finances, actually probably any topic where our perceived right and wrong is involved or areas you may be struggling in as you are still awaiting answers.
So how do we have our opinion on what we believe is right and wrong and yet still love and walk in relationship with the people we don’t necessarily agree with or even like? 
The word talks about that we fight and quarrel because we don’t get what we want. 
(James 3)  And so as christians who have freely given themselves over to a walk that follows Jesus walk, who laid down his life for a people who didn’t agree with him, who did not love his life so much as to shrink from death, that it brought life to those who didn’t deserve it, life to you and me, then what right do we have to hold onto our opinions, our self-righteousness of what is right and wrong and not be willing to follow Jesus example and give away our inheritance, our blessing, our rights to a people that we may not necessarily agree with or even like, as Jesus did.

It’s a good challenge because if we only love those who love us, or put another way if we only agree with those who agree with us, we will not be broadened or challenged in a way that will push us into Jesus for the answers that we seek and that is where we find true freedom in such a way that it changes the lives around us as we truly learn to love those who we may not in our own strength be able to love or agree with.

Love covers all and so I encourage you not to ‘run’ or ‘walk’ away from relationships simply because you may not totally agree with things, theology or anything else, but be willing to be a learner and to have your eyes opened to what Jesus might say into the situation, or do, as He is our example we are to follow.  There is so many answers found in Jesus that we will never stop learning and growing in Him and with those around us, if we only allow to ourselves to be teachable and ask Him for revelation and understanding on things.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...