Skip to main content

If you cause some damage, take responsibility and fix it.




How many of you have gone into the supermarket and come out and found your car damaged due to somebody else and they have just driven off and not left a message or anything?  How did that make you feel?

Last night I had a dream and I saw a parked car and someone had damaged it and walked off without leaving a note or anything and so when the owner went to get the car, they found it had damage done to it, that someone had to pay for. 
It wasn’t a big deal as the bulk of it would be covered by insurance but there was still the excess that someone had to pay for.  And that somebody was now the owner and yet it wasn’t the owners fault.  The person who had caused it wasn’t owning up to what they had done or taken their responsibility to repair the damage.  

How many of us damage other peoples ministries/churches/individuals (as cars often represent those things in dreams) and walk off without so much as a note of apology that you had caused some damage?  How many of us put dings into ministries/churches/people, of slander and gossip or whatever it might be, and we are causing damage to others and yet we just walk off without any recompense leaving someone else to clean up the mess and pay for the damage caused, that was not their fault or responsibility?

Some of the damage we cause is often just an accident and we didn’t mean to do it, but we still need to be a people who take ownership to our mistakes and not let others take the fall for what we did.

Powerful word. 

Someone sent me a dream the other day and I asked if I could share it and I share it now as it is a similar word coming through.

“I had this dream where I was watching several men in charge of the running of an ocean liner line up for inspection.  All dressed in their white uniforms.  It all seemed proper and in order until a new member joined them.  At the time of the new member joining one of the long standing crew members was tragically killed.  The next day when it was time for them to all line up on deck for the captains inspection, only the new member was there to start off with.  Finally the others came out and informed the new crew member that they had had a meeting with their boss and they had come to the conclusion that since nothing like this had happened before then it had to be his fault and began to drag him away.  I kept trying to tell them it wasn't him, that it was one of them, but they weren’t listening and I also heard the new guy declaring it wasn’t him, but again they wouldn’t listen and the men began to torcher the guy.”

We often blame others for things that have happened and some of those things that happen are just accidents or perhaps our own fault, but instead we get together and gossip and blame others and walk off  without knowing all the facts, leaving others taking the responsibility for something that wasn’t their fault.


Let’s be a people who own up to our mistakes and take responsibility and trust that God will come in, as the insurance so to speak, and fix what we cannot fix.  There will be a bit of a cost to you to walk in truth, but in that God will come in and deal with the rest that you cannot fix.

Romans 8:28  "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"







Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...