Skip to main content

If you cause some damage, take responsibility and fix it.




How many of you have gone into the supermarket and come out and found your car damaged due to somebody else and they have just driven off and not left a message or anything?  How did that make you feel?

Last night I had a dream and I saw a parked car and someone had damaged it and walked off without leaving a note or anything and so when the owner went to get the car, they found it had damage done to it, that someone had to pay for. 
It wasn’t a big deal as the bulk of it would be covered by insurance but there was still the excess that someone had to pay for.  And that somebody was now the owner and yet it wasn’t the owners fault.  The person who had caused it wasn’t owning up to what they had done or taken their responsibility to repair the damage.  

How many of us damage other peoples ministries/churches/individuals (as cars often represent those things in dreams) and walk off without so much as a note of apology that you had caused some damage?  How many of us put dings into ministries/churches/people, of slander and gossip or whatever it might be, and we are causing damage to others and yet we just walk off without any recompense leaving someone else to clean up the mess and pay for the damage caused, that was not their fault or responsibility?

Some of the damage we cause is often just an accident and we didn’t mean to do it, but we still need to be a people who take ownership to our mistakes and not let others take the fall for what we did.

Powerful word. 

Someone sent me a dream the other day and I asked if I could share it and I share it now as it is a similar word coming through.

“I had this dream where I was watching several men in charge of the running of an ocean liner line up for inspection.  All dressed in their white uniforms.  It all seemed proper and in order until a new member joined them.  At the time of the new member joining one of the long standing crew members was tragically killed.  The next day when it was time for them to all line up on deck for the captains inspection, only the new member was there to start off with.  Finally the others came out and informed the new crew member that they had had a meeting with their boss and they had come to the conclusion that since nothing like this had happened before then it had to be his fault and began to drag him away.  I kept trying to tell them it wasn't him, that it was one of them, but they weren’t listening and I also heard the new guy declaring it wasn’t him, but again they wouldn’t listen and the men began to torcher the guy.”

We often blame others for things that have happened and some of those things that happen are just accidents or perhaps our own fault, but instead we get together and gossip and blame others and walk off  without knowing all the facts, leaving others taking the responsibility for something that wasn’t their fault.


Let’s be a people who own up to our mistakes and take responsibility and trust that God will come in, as the insurance so to speak, and fix what we cannot fix.  There will be a bit of a cost to you to walk in truth, but in that God will come in and deal with the rest that you cannot fix.

Romans 8:28  "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"







Popular posts from this blog

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

6 legged sheep???

In the weekend I saw a vision of a sheep that had six legs. And what I believe the Lord is saying, there are many sheep, (followers of Christ), but they are trusting in their own strength and not in mine.  When we trust in our own strength and abilities we forfeit the grace that can be ours, the enabling that comes from stepping out in faith in the impossible, the testimonies that give God the glory rather than the expectation of what should be because we have put our hand to  something.  God is the God of the impossible and in order for the miracles, the testimonies, we need to be a people that step out in what we can't do and allow God to come in and do the impossible.   That may simply be asking the Lord to help you to forgive someone that has hurt you so much, to getting on a plane with no finances because the Lord has asked you to, to continue to stay in a job/church/marriage/relationship you don't want to because that is where God has placed you, to pra...

Is the reality of your heart different to what people see?

I had this dream and in this dream I went to stay with some people but they had no room in the house for me so I stayed in my caravan. But as I went into their house, the kitchen was a disaster, it was full of rotting food so much so that there were maggots growing and moving, there was stuff everywhere.  The people in the house were off helping a handicapped person which was good, but the state of their kitchen was a disaster.  So even though I didn’t know where to begin in cleaning up I started to clean up as they needed a hand and as I started to clean up the people in the house came and helped and switched on the waste disposal unit and the kitchen began to take shape again. I believe this is a word for some of you.   Although you are helping others and doing good things, in the process, your own house, your own heart, is in a mess and you need others to come and help you get started.  The kitchen in dream language often means the hear...

Soften my heart Lord....I need a miracle.

Those in Egypt who were taken and led out of slavery with Moses and crossed the Red Sea saw the miracles of God, they saw their God working in mighty ways before their very eyes and yet not long from where they saw these things take place, they come into quarrelling and times of testing and in this place they forget the miracles, they forget the bigness of their God and all he can do and has done and they harden their hearts. Many of us through times of testing, through trials, through believing for things and not yet seeing it happen, find ourselves unintentionally hardening our heart to what we have seen or know that our God can do.  We stop moving in faith in which we first did at the beginning in our relationship with the Lord and we end up living along like all those around us and accepting our states in life and no longer step out in faith on the bigger things in which the Lord has called us to.  Perhaps we have stepped out in faith before and God 'seemingly' didn...

Kiwi Culture verses Kingdom Culture

The above is the title of a book that I have on my heart.  Whether or not it ever makes it there we will see but in the process I want to put some thoughts down and see what it opens up. I grew up with phrases like "God helps those who help themselves" or "Too spiritually minded to be any earthly good".  There are many many more that I am sure you know of - I would love to hear them so please blog me about them or Facebook me so I can add them.  But phrases like that that we grew up with that actually have become a part of world view and things we base our lives on.  Things of our culture that are so much a part of culture that we think is actually a part of the bible or at the very least is no big deal in God's eyes; like sarcasm.  I have had to question some of these phrases - "where does it say in the bible God helps those who help themselves?"  "What actually is sarcasm and does it build up and encourage people?" etc. Jim and I lived ...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...