Skip to main content

Do you feel stuck with no way out of your current situation?

Last night I had this dream and in this dream I went into an open home to have a look at a house but while I was there I saw all these people that were part of this building complex that had been 'taken in' by the goodness of how the building complex sounded and had spent their life savings and bought in this complex.  I saw some people that I knew previously from another place where the Spirit of the Lord had touched them powerfully, but now they had invested everything they had into this building complex and couldn't get out of it but when they saw me, how pleased they were to see me.  As I looked around their hearts were stuck as there was no way out for them, a hopelessness as they realised what they had done and the truth in which they now saw.  And as I looked over the walls into the building complex I saw like a chinese school like building but it was a stadium, all very uniform, the discipline hard, the worship of one man who was a statue on their desk, it was like that had become a part of a chinese army.  I don't believe China as a country has anything to do with this, it was more that there was the one world government thinking taking over, the rule of oppression and control, the fear, the hopelessness of not being able to get out of it.

If you feel like this is you, stuck, with no way out, a place where you have invested everything in it only to find the truth and you don't know how to change this situation you now find yourself in, then I have something to share with you.

In Gal 5:1 it says "It is for freedom Christ has set you free".
Freedom is not a place, it is not the situation you are in, but it is the attitude of the heart.  You can be in a prison and still be free.  You can be in a wheelchair bound unable to move and yet still be free.  You can be in the worst marriage relationship of abuse and yet still be free.  Whatever situation you may find yourself in and feeling you cannot get out of it, then I want to share about the hope we have in Christ.
You may be one who has started well in Christ but for various reasons now find yourself bound and wonder what happened that you ended up like this, and yet still be able to come into freedom and joy again.
No matter what situation you are in, God is able to turn it for good - if you let him lead you through the valley of the shadow of death and hopelessness, if you let him be the light that guides your feet, if you open the door of your heart and let him come in and bring hope and healing to you.

He says "I stand at the door and knock, anyone who hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and He with me".

When we realise where we are at, the situations we find ourselves in, all we need to do is ask the Lord Jesus Christ to come into our lives and to bring the change, to bring the hope, to bring the healing, to bring the freedom.  He says, "Whoever asks, will find".

Because of God's great love for us he sent his son Jesus who died for all of ours sins, all our mistakes, all our hopeless places so that we could have life and have it in abundance.  Jesus took all our pain, all our shame, all our hurt and took it to the cross and buried it along with him at the cross so that we wouldn't have to.  He paid the price for all our mistakes, and failures, all our fears, all our worries.

When we come to him and ask him to come into our lives, and perhaps areas of our lives where we need His help, he will come.  It may not look how we think it will look, but he will answer your prayer.
He wipes the slate clean and holds nothing against us.  There is nothing we need to do in order for that repentance to be 'cleansed' from our life, Jesus paid the price for your mistake so that we don't have to continually pay for ours.  When we believe, we are forgiven, we are set free, there is no account still to be charged on our behalf because it has been paid for.  Today is a new day, the old has past, the new has come.  He will bring hope to the hopeless, joy to the sorrowful, he will bring peace to the restless.  This is who Jesus is and why he came,  so that we could have life and have it to the full!  Like any good father who wants the best for His children, is God  and what he want for us because he loves us so much and doesn't want to see us continue on in areas where we feel bound and hopeless.

We just need to trust that he will work through what he said he will do as we surrender our issues, as we surrender our hurts, allow the walls of our hearts to be broken down, our fears, our lack of trust in areas.  But He will always do what He said He would do, so just believe today that God can change your circumstance around, that he can take you out of that seemingly hopeless situation, that there is a way through where there seems no way.  Just ask Him into your life, into your heart, into your situation and He will come and you will see shifts happen, you will see lives changed, you will see hope return and joy and peace come back into your life even though you may still be in the same outward situation, he will change your heart and bring freedom and hope into it.

If this has effected you in any way and you want help or prayer please feel free to call me on +64 7 8389009 or find a friend who you trust to share your need with.  When we hold it to ourselves it often becomes bigger than it really is but when we share our problems, our needs, then we can receive help.  There is no shame in asking for help, we all need it :)







Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Infestation of bugs on the wall....

This morning I had a quick picture the Lord showed me.  We had some bugs on the wall and he showed me it didn't take much to get rid of them, just needed to spray them and they would die.  But as I asked the Lord with Jim in prayer as to where these bugs came from and why they had got into our house, the Lord showed us an area in our lives where we had a little bit of unbelief. I share this picture with you as so easily something small can get into your 'house' like fleas and unless untreated it can become an infestation that is harder to deal with than if you dealt with it straight away.  The Lord showed us an area that needed a slight adjustment in our speaking and in our thinking that had allowed these very subtle if not slightly smiling bugs (deception) into our home.  It was easy to deal with through repentance and realigning our thinking with what the words says and it was no big deal, the bugs were dealt with and killed and our wall once again was made clean...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Let's not be a 'passerby' this Christmas

If you were to see a car accident happen would you stop and help the people in the car or would you drive by believing that others will help them and keep going to where you were headed? This morning I was woken by a request by the pastor in India where we visited three years ago requesting help for the orphanage and daily needs as they were struggling and I thought of the dream I had this morning about a car accident that had happened and those that walked by.  For many of us every day things have happened to the people around us that need our help in some way. The Lord took me to James 2:5  "Listen my dear brothers and sisters:  Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?  But you have dishonoured the poor.....  v14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds?  Can such faith save them?  Suppose a br...