Skip to main content

Do you feel like you are under fire at the moment?

For the past several weeks there seems to be some real challenges and trials going on in peoples lives including our own.  But I want to encourage you that it is all for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose (Rom 8).

Last night I was asking the Lord about some things that were going on with us and with those around us, and why it was happening.  During the night, Luke 4 came to my heart.  So this morning I looked it up and it is the story of Jesus being tempted in the wilderness by the devil.  And as I read it I thought too of the scripture in 1 Peter 4:12 "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering as though something strange were happening to you.  But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ so that you may overjoyed when his glory is revealed."

Just like Jesus, our hearts are tested.  Prov 17:3 "The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart."  and James 1:12 "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."
The testing needs to happen so that we know what is actually in our heart and what we truly believe.  Sometimes the things that come out and are shown are areas that may need some renewing of the mind, and other times they are things that show us actually our heart and motives are pure.  So the testing of our faith is all for the good and the promises that come with that testing is the crown of life, is His glory and joy.

In the Luke 4 story where Jesus is tempted by the devil after the temptation he comes away walking in power and authority as it says in Luke 4:14 "Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside."  v 32 "They were amazed at his teaching, because his message had authority." v36 "All the people were amazed and said to each other, "What is this teaching? With authority and power he gives orders to evil spirits and they come out!"  And the news about him spread throughout the surrounding area."

I know for myself I want to be walking in this way, walking with power and authority, so that news about Jesus spreads throughout all of New Zealand, through all of the world and in order for this to happen I need to undergo some testing of my heart, some refining of the fire, so that I am a weapon fit for its work (Isaiah 54), so that I am a vessel useful for every good work (2 Tim 2:20-21).

Recently I was given a picture by two people, the same picture, and it was of grapes being pressed but in the pressing the oil was coming forth.  I know that this is happening, that the pressing is happening but I am also believing that the oil of the anointing that sets the captives free will come forth even more, to see cancer flee, to see the lame walk, to see the blind see and so I  encourage you allow whatever pressing may be happening in your life and believe that through it all the oil of the anointing will come forth, that like Jesus, the power and authority will come forth, and Jesus will be glorified on the earth and we will be overjoyed when His glory is revealed.

Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...

Assuming motives can be dangerous.

Reading 2 Sam 10 this morning and what struck me was how something so simple that was supposed to bless and encourage someone, can be totally taken the wrong way and in that, cause major damage. In this story King David is wanting to express kindness to Hanun whose father had died.   But Hanna’s nobles, those close around him, spoke to him and suggested that in fact he wasn’t wanting to express sympathy at the death of his father, but rather exploring and spying out the city in order to overthrow it.   Because of this, they attack those who are sent on behalf of King David and shame them and in return, David retaliates. Ki ng David’s heart was to bless and to honour another King, but after that King Hanun listened to those around him, who planted thoughts other than those of David’s, and in the process caused a war. How often do we not take things as face value but try to work something out according to the way we see it, rather than perhaps the way i...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...