Skip to main content

Individuality verses family, pride verses serving.

This morning I had this dream and I want to share some parts of it as I feel it is important to address some of these issues that I saw happening in this dream.

One part I saw a young man come into our home with his food, but someone was already preparing food for the family but this young man came in and brought his own food and cooked for himself.  And to me someone else was already cooking, but he just took over, and he was treating it like a flatting situation instead of a family situation where we all ate together around the table and had fellowship together.  As I went to talk to this young one who came in, he wouldn't listen that we wanted what he brought, but he just stormed out and wouldn't even listen or talk, taking friends with him.

This I believe is quite significant at the moment as many of us come into the house and family of God but once in, see ourselves as individuals and do what we want instead of contributing to the whole and being a part of the whole family.  And when someone may challenge us with it, we won't even listen to what they have to say, but leave with offence taking others with us.

We are called as Christians to be a body, to work together, to be a family who help each other, who care for others needs above our own, who serve one another.  But in this dream it was all about the individual doing what they wanted.  This too is true across the denominations, as we are all still one body, one family, we are not individuals.  Many come into the body of Christ but still consider it is all about them and what they can get out of it rather than how they can be a part of a body that has something to contribute and bring to help the body be a family that functions well together.

The other part of the dream, I was taking a teaching on something and this person had freely given $100 but during the teaching, they didn't want to do what was asked and started complaining that it wasn't value for money and wouldn't submit to what was being asked of them and once again walked out.

I find this really interesting because we will freely give money and think we are freely giving it but when we don't get something in return for our money, we complain.   And I think of the scripture that talks about giving freely not expecting anything in return.

The other part of it was we wont do what people suggest we should do and in not doing it we do not honour the person bringing it and we do not reap what we could have reaped had we honoured what they suggested we do.  But instead we get offended because someone is asking us to do something we don't want to do or are not willing to do.   And in this I think of the Karate Kid movie and how he wanted to learn Karate but his teacher first started him doing what seemed like meaningless housekeeping jobs, but in the end it all came together and proved invaluable.  During the course of the movie he nearly walked out as he only saw it one way and that was he was doing this mans cleaning, but actually the teacher through those jobs of housecleaning were valuable lessons that was being taught.   Often we complain about doing something but in the end they bring us some very valuable lessons if we don't get upset and walk out. 





Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Moving on from Bulawayo to Mozambique

Dear friends, It has been an interesting time here and the last few days the helper in the house has brought us her relatives and friends to pray for, so plenty of opportunity to impart what the Lord is saying to people and pray for them in their situations.  Walking into town this morning we came across a girl who had been having seizures  what we believe for several hours and needing medical attention lying on the path.  She was not conscious and it was quite scarey at one point, but  as we began praying for her saw life come back into her eyes and see her respond so that was encouraging. We believe it is now time for us to move on from here and so we have booked a bus heading to Harare the captial of Zimbabwe and then onto Mutare which is the boarder town of Mozambique and then onto Chimoio where we will stay with some friends that we met in South Africa who are working in Mozambique.  So we catch a bus on Thursday morning and hopefully will be in Chimoio...