Skip to main content

Are you ready and available?

Last night I had a couple of dreams and both of them were pointing to a lack of not being ready.  One was all these people turned up at my house and I was busying running around after them that I didn't even have time to get dressed, I was still in my pyjamas.   The other was we were going to see someone but before going I needed to get something to eat and go to the toilet.

I felt that in both of these short dreams I needed to be prepared, needed to be ready and I believe this is something the Lord is doing at the moment, especially with me.  I am finding myself 'de-cluttering' around the house, getting things ready and organised, putting boundaries back in place with time, just generally getting things sorted out and I feel the urgency in needing to do this.  As I look at my life and the way the Lord uses me, I often do prophetically what is going on in the spirit and so after having these dreams believe we are coming into a season that is going to be busy and we are needing to be a people who is ready to run.  A people who if a heap of people turned up at your house, you would be ready and organised for them and not found still in your pyjamas in the spiritual sense not the physical.  A people that if someone called you to go and visit them, you would be ready to go at the drop of a hat and not have all the excuses of busyness not to go.

There are several things the Lord is speaking to Jim and myself at the moment both of which we are praying about and not sure on the next step into these things but he just keeps reminding me that "he will take us there" and I just have to believe that what He says he will do, He will do.  Although I cannot see the way into the next thing or the reason as to why I feel to be getting so organised and ready for what I don't see the way ahead of me, there is still this need to be ready.  Like Noah who believed to build the boat yet had not seen rain before.

We are to do what we believe, we are to be a people who live what they believe.  You can always tell what people believe by how they live.  Whether we die still not seeing what we believe is irrelevant as we are a people called to live by faith and so by faith I believe the Lord is saying, get ready, be prepared and so in response to that I have to search my life and see if there are things that need to change or in order to be available and ready.

So the question comes - "How do I need to be prepared?"  For everyone this is different depending on what God is saying to you.  And as I said earlier the Lord has been speaking to me about 'de-cluttering' my life, about getting things like accounts etc in order, like getting physically fit perhaps and I know for me and how the Lord uses me this is an issue but one I need encouragement in.  Perhaps putting boundaries in with people so you protect your time and especially time with the Lord because I believe this will be one of the most important as busyness comes things like your time with the Lord seem to take a backward step, yet this is the most important thing that actually needs the most time set aside.  Perhaps for some its getting a passport ready and up to date.

So I encourage you to ask the questions - how do I need to be prepared for what is coming?  What is it I need to do to be the best I can be for what you are bringing?  Knowing that He will help you to achieve what it is that He is asking you to do.  I know this is definitely for me, but hopefully it may be for some of you too, a resetting of priorities so that we can be available for what the Lord wants to do.


Popular posts from this blog

Latest Prayer Update

Since writing last – We continue to pray about the tent meeting but the Lord seems to continue to have that on hold as I believe he has another way of doing the same thing but in a new way where the whole body will be used and so we wait until all the pieces come together.   Please be patient with us in this. Africa – We continue to have words given to us about Africa and so the Lord is definitely talking about Africa but he seems to be widening the vision with it all, not just Malawi.   It seems more like at this stage visiting a number of African Countries wherever the Lord leads, empowering people – a bit like the last China trip but for longer and more countries and so too we wait for all the pieces to fit together. He has said to have our bags packed ready to go at a moments notice and so we have done that by faith, there are just a few other things that need to come together to make this possible.    Picton – We were blessed to be part of a team that we...

Do you have time for breakfast?

I had this dream last night where I saw my sister busy working in her restaurant.  She had advertised in the paper and she was so busy she had no time for her family.  I was sitting eating breakfast with my other sister feeling almost lazy in comparison with the first sister, but knowing that I was not lazy, but busy too in a different way.  I had no idea when she would have time for her family.  She was doing what she loved, she was bringing people into her restaurant and it was going really well, but her family life was suffering. In pondering on this, it speaks for itself really.  But added to that is that we can often compare with one another or judge one another in the way things are being done.  I think regularly of Nehemiah these days and how we are all called to rebuild the wall, but we all have different parts of the wall we are called to build and look after and each part is important to the whole wall.  So lets please as a body of Christ, ...

Will you play the piano - will you spit and touch a man's toungue?

We had our worship group the other night and to begin with I saw someone playing the playing so I asked if anyone could and would play the piano because that is what I saw happening in the spirit.  I may have been wrong in the what I saw but I stepped out in faith but alas no one stepped forward to play the piano so Jim played it and I believe in this the Lord was teaching us some valuable lessons.  Jim cannot play the piano at all but he was willing to be used. This morning I was reading in Mark 7:32-35  "There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man...    Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears.  Then he spit and touched the man's tongue.  He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!).  At this the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. I was reminded of the other night ...

2 Chronicles 20 The Fear of a King

Yesterday I listened to a wonderful message from the Bethel weekly sermons on the Creative power of Thanksgiving. It was so good and something I talked a little about on Wednesday about giving thanks in all circumstances and how that changes our circumstances.  These are some of my thoughts as I searched the scriptures he brought; He talked from 2 Chron 20 about how Jehosphophat (King) feared the armies that were coming against him. Here was a king who was afraid. That gave me great encouragement right there, if a King can be afraid, then it's okay too if I am. I know for myself I am often afraid of things that I see coming and I don't know how to handle it. Neither did Jehosophophat and so he called all the people together and sought the Lord.  First position in our place of fear is to seek the Lord.  Verse 12 "For we have no power against the great multitude that is coming against us, nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." So often we don't kn...

Expectations and frustrations

Last night I had this dream and I saw myself going up the mountain with my husband and as we went up the mountain to the snow I saw the most beautiful waterfall flowing in the bush and the scenery was just beautiful and as we reached base camp there were many people waiting to go on the ski lift to the mountain but they were having to wait because as I watched the snow was melting so fast because the sun was coming out so strong the the snow was melting like right before your eyes and people were no longer able to ski.  People were getting frustrated because they had come to go skiing and now no longer were able to, but for others like myself I so was enjoying the scenery that because the snow was melting there was so much beauty all around.  At the same time there was aeroplanes flying around doing acrobatic flying in the sky and other people were in stands watching the planes flying around. As I looked at this this morning, I believe we are coming into a time where the ...

GRM Call to prayer - "Who will weep for the Bride?"

Something I realised in my recent trip away to the Canterbury region is again the confirmation and call of my heart to see the bride raised up to be who she is called to be. A pure spotless bride who is ready for her beloved and walking in everything He has promised us as His authority here on the earth.  I realised afresh as I listen to different people, hear and see different reasons as to why people aren't going to church, or perhaps have recently moved churches for some reason, basically peoples hurts and frustrations regarding 'Church', that there is a disconnect in how people see things and how the word of the Lord the bible teaches us in how we ought to love one another and forgive one another.  Hence why we are seeing a 'powerless' church.  The word says that if we bite and devour one another we will be destroyed (Gal 5:15) All of us have a heart and passion, yours might be for the lost, it might be for the single parents, or the sick, etc. but the Lord...