If you have never done a missions trip why do one?
Matt 28:18-20 The Great Commission - "Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
God's desire throughout all of scripture, both Old Testament and New Testament has always been outward focused, always been 'missional', always been in seeing people come into relationship with himself. And as Christians our call is also the same call as Jesus is to go into all the world making disciples of all nations. Whether we go outside our door to our neighbour, in our workplace, or to another town, another nation, we are all called to go and make disciples of all nations.
1. There are many reasons why to do a short term missions trip but essentially it opens your eyes to things that you have not seen or experienced, it enlarges your world view.
2. It challenges you to step out of the box that you may find yourself in without even realising it.
3. Often short term missions trips depending on what you are doing, tend to be more about what the Lord is showing you and teaching you personally in your relationship with Him.
4. Also it gives opportunity for learning within a team enviornment which in itself shows you things about yourself and how you deal with people.
5. It is also a blessing to be able to bless, refresh and bring things to those people who you are going to.
There are a lot of benefits of doing a short term missions trip and I have only listed a few that just come to mind.
Short term mission trips have many benefits and so we would encourage you that if you have never done a short term missions trip then we would suggest you pray about whether or not the Lord would have you be involved in one.
We have many resources we can point you towards, different mission organisations, different countries, different connections, so if you are interested at all please feel free to chat with us all the different options out there.
We believe right now there are people who need the next step in their walk in the Lord and this is one of those, so we are considering putting together a trip to the Islands, perhaps the Solomons, Tonga or Fiji. The reason for this is that it is cheaper to go there, closer and not too difficult for a first time opportunity for a missions trip. So if this jumps out at you and you believe this might be the next step for you please contact us on 07 8389009 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and if we find that there is enough interest we will put together a team and trip in the next few months.