Skip to main content

Go in and possess the land!

The Lord has been talking to me this morning through the book of Deuteronomy and some gems I would like to share:
Chapter one Deut 1:6 “You have dwelt long enough at this mountain, turn and take your journey.....” (This\these is/are not the full scripture/s but they are what jumped out and spoke to me)

It is time to turn and take our journey. Many times we go around the same mountains but the Lord says, now turn and take your journey. It is a time of stepping out and into a new place with the Lord. Things are changing and shifting and we cannot continue to stay in the same places that we have been travelling as it is a new day and we have to leave the old behind and move into the new the Lord has for us, even though it may be a little scary as it is not familiar, or we don’t know the way forward, but we need to come to a place of trust in the Lord and move into what He has for us and not continue going around and around the same things that we have been going around and around in.

V8 “See I have set the land before you, go in and possess the land.”
God has got new lands for us to explore and often we like where we are because we don’t know what it is like ‘out there’. New lands can be anything from praying for someone for a healing, it may be sharing your faith with a non-believer, it may be new nations, whatever it may be, it may be leadership, it may be loving an enemy, it may be reconciliation in a relationship.
Sometimes we are waiting for the ‘big dream and vision that we are believing for’ and we miss what is right in front of us that will take us to that big dream in the future.

When I was 20 I flew to England with a friend, but I came from the South Island and had never been to the North Island, but as I was flying from Christchurch we had a stop over in Auckland and we flew in at night in the dark and lights of the city were amazing and yet I had never seen them before. Here I was going to England and I thought sitting in the plane seeing the lights, I should have checked out New Zealand first before I took the massive step I was taking in going to England.
Many times we haven’t explored land that is right at our doorstep in favour of the more ‘adventurous
dreams’ and yet often there are amazing things right in our home country still to be explored.
Lets not be a people that don’t even explore in the spiritual those ‘new lands’ that are there for us to possess because we keep looking further afield and aiming for that big dream and vision the Lord has put on our hearts, and yet miss out on what is still to be gained and gleaned in the lands directly in front of us.

V25 -32 “It is a good land which the Lord our God is giving us. Nevertheless you would not go up, but rebelled against the command of the Lord your God and you complained in your tents” V28 “Where can we go up? Our brethren have discouraged our hearts, saying, The people are greater and taller than we, the cities are great and fortified up to heaven... V29 “Then I said to you, ‘Do not be terrified, or afraid of them. The Lord your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you...”V32 “Yet for all that, you did not believe the Lord your God”.
For whatever reason, even though the promise of the Lord is one that is good, we still don’t go up
because of fear, because of discouragement from the brethren who are afraid themselves, because of
things that have happened in the past.
Yet if we would only trust in the Lord who is the one who fights our battles for us and goes before us, we would see the deliverance of the Lord and see the new lands that are flowing with milk and honey and all things good because the Lord is good. Many times we come across a hurdle that seems impossible to man to cross and it is, but like David who stood in front of Goliath, I don’t need to be afraid. I may be little, I may not have come across whatever it is in the path before, but when I have stepped out in the past and remember the testimonies of how God provided, or how God made a way through like that of Moses in the Red Sea then it builds my faith and courage to step into the new land that the Lord is giving me to possess.

Right at the moment the Lord is leading me more and more into leadership and yet this is not a land I have been in before, this is not a place I know how to walk and it is easy to become discouraged and to become afraid as you listen to brethren that may perhaps not speak as the Lord would speak, as you listen to voices of the enemy in your mind saying to you, "who are you to think you can do this or that?" As I have never been this way before, but then I am encouraged in the Lord by His word,
by testimonies of people in the past who have struggled with the same or similar issues that build my faith, as I am encouraged by brethren who build faith and see what they see in me, that encourages
me on in the Lord. And yes I am going to get things wrong, but that is where I learn how to walk, like a child learning to walk, you will fall over but get back up again.

And so I would encourage you this morning to go in and posses the land – whatever that land may be, whether it is fear of man, reconciliation and fellowship restored in a relationship, lack of finances, faith to see miracles and healings happen, to see the dead raised, to speak that neighbour about Jesus, to speak to your family about a behaviour that is not good, whatever ‘land’ the Lord is wanting you to step in by faith into and allow Him to come in and fight your battle before you as it has already been won and the provision is there for your situation.

As you step out it enables God to step in and to see His provision in your time of need! For me in the areas of leadership I was really struggling yesterday and then I went to the movies and God encouraged me in the movie through watching another leader leading a few people and how he struggled, but also how he overcome. God will give you what you need in order to step forward, we just need to believe that he will. Be blessed people as you step out in faith in what you believe the Lord is saying. It may be a small thing, it may be a big thing.

I was encouraged the other day by a testimony of someone who was stepping up in faith in the area of giving in finances and they obeyed the Lord even though they couldn’t work out how they would make things happen and then they shared how since then a cheque unexpectedly was going to come in the mail being the blessing and provision of the Lord since obeying. Praise God. So be encouraged to step out by faith and see the deliverance of the Lord in the land He is calling you to possess.

Popular posts from this blog

Obedience and Commitment are big things in Gods Kingdom

Reading in Acts 7 this morning the story through Stephen of Abraham being told by God to " Leave your country and your people and go the the land I will show you"   So he left the land of the Chaldeans and settled in Haran. After the death of his father, God sent him to this land where you are now living.  He gave him no inheritance here, not even a foot of ground.  But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, even though at that time Abraham had no child." As I reflected on this and the journey of Abraham stepping out in faith into a land that he received no inheritance in but a promise of what was to come for his descendants of which we live in the fruit of that, I thought of todays generations in which often is only doing things that we want to do or that will benefit us personally as we live for 'today' not worrying about tomorrow.  A sense of if it feels good then do it, if it doesn't then we will move on -  perhap

There is an army rising up!

Are you struggling in your family?  Are you struggling with people in the body of Christ?  Keep going in love and you will see the breakthroughs you long for. Over the past few months the Lord has been showing me some scenes where the enemy has been trying to attack and destroy families, and so I believe it is a time where we need to be alert of the devils schemes and counter attack with the truth and the love of God.   Three areas we ourselves as a ministry are currently contenting for breakthrough in are: 1.   the unity of the body of Christ,  2.  for whole families to come to Christ 3.  for mental health issues to be overcome .... and so of course the enemy wants to come and try and destroy in whatever way He can within churches, within families, in individuals and so I/we need to be alert to the schemes of the enemy.   Romans 12:21    "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." One vision I share with you I had before Christmas.  I had this vision

6 legged sheep???

In the weekend I saw a vision of a sheep that had six legs. And what I believe the Lord is saying, there are many sheep, (followers of Christ), but they are trusting in their own strength and not in mine.  When we trust in our own strength and abilities we forfeit the grace that can be ours, the enabling that comes from stepping out in faith in the impossible, the testimonies that give God the glory rather than the expectation of what should be because we have put our hand to  something.  God is the God of the impossible and in order for the miracles, the testimonies, we need to be a people that step out in what we can't do and allow God to come in and do the impossible.   That may simply be asking the Lord to help you to forgive someone that has hurt you so much, to getting on a plane with no finances because the Lord has asked you to, to continue to stay in a job/church/marriage/relationship you don't want to because that is where God has placed you, to praying for a

Bus crash in Botswana - Rejoice in the Lord always.

Well we had an interesting introduction to Botswana - yes a bus crash.  It was amazing and most probably the worst accident I have been in to this day (but not bad I am sure to some of you out there) but thankfully the Lord looked after us and protected us. The front tyre of the bus blew out travelling about 120ks per hour and the bus tipped from side to side as it careered off the road into the bus.  How it never hit cars and no one was killed we will never know apart from the protection of the Lord.  We were flown all over the place but thankfully only came out with a few cuts and bruises.  It was literally a miracle that we didn't roll.  One girl was thrown out of the bus in a serious condition, others hurt in various ways but it could have been a whole lot worse.  The Lord gave us peace and we went about praying for people and was blessed especially by one lady who felt the fire of God healing her so much so that she was laughing and crying all at the same time.  Two days ear

Is the church a cafe? Did you go to be served or to serve?

I had a dream this morning where I saw that I was working in a cafe.   It was busy, there were people coming and going and we didn’t have everything we needed, we still needed a barista, some customers were helping cook the steak for the hamburgers that Jim was cooking as Jim was rushed off his feet. We needed people to serve the people coming in as I was dealing with all the different ones coming and going.   I saw that people were sitting down in a seat but actually weren’t there to get food, they were just using the seats even though they were not using the cafe.   I saw a council officer come in to inspect things and she saw we still needed a barista and she knew people and was going to help us to find one. There was an older man there who was smoking a cigar and I was keen to have a drag off his cigar. People were wandering through our private home at the back of the cafe.   The cafe remained open because people kept coming.   But I was shown that if I didn’t put time limits on t

Meerkats may be cute, but they can be dangerous.

This morning I saw in a dream I was in a car with some people travelling along and they saw a bunch of meerkats that they thought were cute and they invited them into the car.  I was trying to tell them not to let them in, but they continued to let them in.  And then shortly after that I saw another very cute animal that people wanted to pick up and cuddle, but it too was a very dangerous animal that would cause harm. As I was asking the Lord about it and I got the scripture; "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death" Prov 14:12 For myself personally I am looking at next year and praying and asking the Lord for the plans for next year as many of you leaders may be doing the same.  We can continue with what seems right and good, and has gone well in the past, but I believe the Lord is saying, be careful as what you think may seem right and good, actually may cause harm. I encourage you, especially Pastors and Leaders, don't necessar