Skip to main content

Struggling to get that time alone.....??!!!!

Matt 11:28  "Come to me,  all who you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." 


This morning as I was having my quiet time my husband kept encroaching on my space with the Lord and I kept getting distracted with things that needed to be done and I felt like screaming for my own space just to be with the Lord.   Then the Lord reminded me very quickly that I need to continue to feed from him with everything going on around me.  He reminded me of the different seasons in life and the different stresses at different times, as a mother with children running around your feet, as a worker and the demands of full time work, whatever season you are in, that we still need to find that time to be alone with the Lord where it is just him and you in communion with each other, loving and being loved, where everything is laid bare before him, where all the stresses of life are handed over to him for him to come in and lead the way and carry the load.  Where we find rest for our souls.  This is always the place where I need to come to, where the burdens on my heart are replaced with his peace and rest and from that position so much is able to happen and does so with much more ease.

Last night in church there was a song sang that said "what we pay attention to that is what takes hold of you"  It is so true.  Over many years now for me I have often been up at 5 - 5:30am just so that I have a decent time just alone with the Lord before the busyness of the day (not 5 mins, for me it is rather a couple of hours at least)  and then Kate's school schedule changed and she was in my space from 6am and so that time alone with the Lord has had to change too.  Now it sometimes is not till everyone has gone to bed late at night or even sometimes the Lord will get me up at 3 in the morning just to spend time with me.  Or it will be through the day wherever I can put that time aside.  It is a discipline in my life that I try to make and find the space for, because without my time with the Lord I know my world just collapses around me, stresses come in and the whole house suffers if I find I haven't had my time with the Lord.

I share this with you not to boast or put pressure on you to do the same.   As I said above what we pay attention to is what takes a hold of you.   I was choosing this discipline to spend time with the Lord and in his word and initially I certainly didn't spend the amount of time I do with him now, it has grown over time where now a couple of hours is nothing and I long for more with him.   I know for myself if I don't spend this time with him, then the other things in my life become a bigger focus than God and quickly my faith for certain things to happen just isn't there, as I have made the Lord smaller than the situation that needs a breakthrough, of which he is more than able to bring if I allow him to.

I have noticed too over the years how my time with him has changed.  There is no formula how you spend time with the Lord and like the seasons above I am learning there are seasons in what happens with my time with the Lord.  Whether its reading the word and praying, whether its just listening to music soaking allowing him to speak to me, whether its processing a dream he has given me, whether its reading huge chunks of his word in one sitting, whether its playing the guitar, speaking in tongues, or whatever form it may take, my communion/fellowship with the Lord is varied as my relationship has many faucets with him.  It may even be listening to teaching while baking a cake.  As long as I find time to 'hear' from the Lord and to 'hand' things over to him it doesn't matter to me what shape that may take, sometimes it may even be watching a movie that will speak to me.  I have chosen to make him my focus and in the busyness of life I continue to find the time to make Him my focus because without him I am nothing, I can do nothing, but with Him I can do everything through Him who gives me strength!

Lord help us to find that time 'alone' with you in the busyness of life where you feed us your heavenly mana for the day, where our daily bread, our provision comes from you.  Thank you Jesus that you are more than able to take care of every need we have, every situation that we are facing, that you give us strength where we have no strength and Lord I ask that for each person today that you would come into their world and in their situations and bring your rest and peace to whatever they may be facing.  Thank you Lord!



Popular posts from this blog

Obedience and Commitment are big things in Gods Kingdom

Reading in Acts 7 this morning the story through Stephen of Abraham being told by God to " Leave your country and your people and go the the land I will show you"   So he left the land of the Chaldeans and settled in Haran. After the death of his father, God sent him to this land where you are now living.  He gave him no inheritance here, not even a foot of ground.  But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, even though at that time Abraham had no child." As I reflected on this and the journey of Abraham stepping out in faith into a land that he received no inheritance in but a promise of what was to come for his descendants of which we live in the fruit of that, I thought of todays generations in which often is only doing things that we want to do or that will benefit us personally as we live for 'today' not worrying about tomorrow.  A sense of if it feels good then do it, if it doesn't then we will move on -  perhap

There is an army rising up!

Are you struggling in your family?  Are you struggling with people in the body of Christ?  Keep going in love and you will see the breakthroughs you long for. Over the past few months the Lord has been showing me some scenes where the enemy has been trying to attack and destroy families, and so I believe it is a time where we need to be alert of the devils schemes and counter attack with the truth and the love of God.   Three areas we ourselves as a ministry are currently contenting for breakthrough in are: 1.   the unity of the body of Christ,  2.  for whole families to come to Christ 3.  for mental health issues to be overcome .... and so of course the enemy wants to come and try and destroy in whatever way He can within churches, within families, in individuals and so I/we need to be alert to the schemes of the enemy.   Romans 12:21    "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." One vision I share with you I had before Christmas.  I had this vision

6 legged sheep???

In the weekend I saw a vision of a sheep that had six legs. And what I believe the Lord is saying, there are many sheep, (followers of Christ), but they are trusting in their own strength and not in mine.  When we trust in our own strength and abilities we forfeit the grace that can be ours, the enabling that comes from stepping out in faith in the impossible, the testimonies that give God the glory rather than the expectation of what should be because we have put our hand to  something.  God is the God of the impossible and in order for the miracles, the testimonies, we need to be a people that step out in what we can't do and allow God to come in and do the impossible.   That may simply be asking the Lord to help you to forgive someone that has hurt you so much, to getting on a plane with no finances because the Lord has asked you to, to continue to stay in a job/church/marriage/relationship you don't want to because that is where God has placed you, to praying for a

Bus crash in Botswana - Rejoice in the Lord always.

Well we had an interesting introduction to Botswana - yes a bus crash.  It was amazing and most probably the worst accident I have been in to this day (but not bad I am sure to some of you out there) but thankfully the Lord looked after us and protected us. The front tyre of the bus blew out travelling about 120ks per hour and the bus tipped from side to side as it careered off the road into the bus.  How it never hit cars and no one was killed we will never know apart from the protection of the Lord.  We were flown all over the place but thankfully only came out with a few cuts and bruises.  It was literally a miracle that we didn't roll.  One girl was thrown out of the bus in a serious condition, others hurt in various ways but it could have been a whole lot worse.  The Lord gave us peace and we went about praying for people and was blessed especially by one lady who felt the fire of God healing her so much so that she was laughing and crying all at the same time.  Two days ear

Is the church a cafe? Did you go to be served or to serve?

I had a dream this morning where I saw that I was working in a cafe.   It was busy, there were people coming and going and we didn’t have everything we needed, we still needed a barista, some customers were helping cook the steak for the hamburgers that Jim was cooking as Jim was rushed off his feet. We needed people to serve the people coming in as I was dealing with all the different ones coming and going.   I saw that people were sitting down in a seat but actually weren’t there to get food, they were just using the seats even though they were not using the cafe.   I saw a council officer come in to inspect things and she saw we still needed a barista and she knew people and was going to help us to find one. There was an older man there who was smoking a cigar and I was keen to have a drag off his cigar. People were wandering through our private home at the back of the cafe.   The cafe remained open because people kept coming.   But I was shown that if I didn’t put time limits on t

Meerkats may be cute, but they can be dangerous.

This morning I saw in a dream I was in a car with some people travelling along and they saw a bunch of meerkats that they thought were cute and they invited them into the car.  I was trying to tell them not to let them in, but they continued to let them in.  And then shortly after that I saw another very cute animal that people wanted to pick up and cuddle, but it too was a very dangerous animal that would cause harm. As I was asking the Lord about it and I got the scripture; "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death" Prov 14:12 For myself personally I am looking at next year and praying and asking the Lord for the plans for next year as many of you leaders may be doing the same.  We can continue with what seems right and good, and has gone well in the past, but I believe the Lord is saying, be careful as what you think may seem right and good, actually may cause harm. I encourage you, especially Pastors and Leaders, don't necessar